Philippines, 19 May 2026
  Home >> News

 


BOXERS

CURRENT CHAMPIONS 

FORMER CHAMPIONS   

RATINGS                       

NEWS           

FORUM        

FIGHT GALLERIES        

RING CARD GIRLS        


 
 
News  


Sampson Boxing Signs Top Junior Lightweight Contender Charly Suarez to a Promotional Contract

PhilBoxing.com




(March 18, 2026) Sampson Boxing proudly announces the signing of WBO #1 junior lightweight contender, and mandatory challenger to Emanuel “Vaquero” Navarrete, Charly “King's Warrior” Suarez to a promotional contract.

Suarez (18-0, 10 KOs), from Manila, Philippines, is best known for his controversial no-contest fight against WBO and IBF World Junior Lightweight Champion Navarrete in May of last year at the Pechanga Arena in San Diego.

Navarrete suffered a cut over his left eye in round six from what the referee ruled was an accidental clash of heads. The cut was deemed severe enough to stop the fight and go to the scorecards, where the champion Navarette was initially awarded a technical decision.

However, replay footage post-fight eventually proved that the cut had been caused by a legal punch from Suarez and that he should have been awarded the TKO victory. The California State Athletic Commission subsequently overturned Navarrete’s win and changed the result to a no-contest.

The WBO has now ordered negotiations to commence for Suarez to fight a rematch with Navarette next.

Suarez and his team say signing with Lewkowicz will ensure they receive proper guidance during these important times in his career.

“I am very happy to officially join Sampson Boxing and to work with Sampson Lewkowicz, who has guided many world champions in the sport,” said Charly Suarez. “This is an important step in my career as I continue my pursuit of a world title. I have worked my entire life for this moment, from representing the Philippines in the Olympics to competing on the world stage as a professional. With Sampson’s experience and commitment, I believe we have the right team to bring my career to the next level.

“My goal remains the same — to bring pride to the Philippines as a soldier and a world champion boxer,” he added.

“After carefully evaluating our options, we believe Sampson Lewkowicz and Sampson Boxing are the right partners to guide Charly at this crucial stage of his career,” said Suarez manager Delfin Boholst. “Sampson has a proven track record of helping elite fighters secure major opportunities and world championship fights. Charly is one of the most accomplished fighters to come out of the Philippines in recent years, and we believe this partnership will open the doors necessary for him to compete at the highest level of the sport.”

“I have always believed in Charly Suarez — not only as a talented boxer, but as a disciplined athlete who carries the pride of the Filipino people every time he steps into the ring,” said Suarez Benefactor, Luis ‘Chavit’ Singson. “From his days representing our country in the Olympics to his professional career today, he has shown dedication, humility, and the heart of a true champion.

“I fully support this partnership with Sampson Lewkowicz and Sampson Boxing, and I believe this move will help bring Charly closer to achieving his dream of becoming a world champion. The Filipino people deserve another champion on the world stage, and I am confident Charly has the ability to make that happen.”

“I am happy to be joining the team of proud Filipino warrior Charly Suarez,” said Sampson Lewkowicz. “I will help guide him to the world championship victory he deserves and then to the most rewarding fights available when he is champion.”




Recent PhilBoxing.com In-House articles:

  • Rematch option for Melvin
    By Joaquin Henson, , Tue, 19 May 2026
  • World-class stablemates John ‘Scrappy’ Ramirez & Darius ‘DFG’ Fulghum fighting on same card Friday night in San Jose
    , Tue, 19 May 2026
  • Ignacio Defeats Malayan to Claim Title and USD 10,000 Prize
    By Marlon Bernardino, , Tue, 19 May 2026
  • USA Boxing Elite High Performance Squad Dominates Day One of 2026 Copa America with 11-0 Record
    , Tue, 19 May 2026
  • Reina Tellez Returns to the Ring Following World Title Challenge Against Amanda Serrano
    , Mon, 18 May 2026
  • Mombay, Garras top Helubong 50km Uphill Ultra Challenge
    By Lito delos Reyes, , Mon, 18 May 2026
  • Arijan Goricki Knocks Out Hassan Ndonga in Nairobi
    , Mon, 18 May 2026
  • USA Boxing's High Performance Squad Sets Sights on Gold at 2026 Copa America
    , Mon, 18 May 2026
  • Team Sugar Rush wins Sir Jessie Villasin Chess Team 2X2 Tournament
    By Marlon Bernardino, , Mon, 18 May 2026
  • Paolo Gallito, 6 others in the last 16 in Malaysia
    By Marlon Bernardino, , Sun, 17 May 2026
  • Keyshawn Davis Returns Home With Decision Win Over Nahir Albright
    , Sun, 17 May 2026
  • Heartbreak in Johannesburg: Jerusalem Dethroned by Kuse in Bloody Rematch
    By Dong Secuya, , Sun, 17 May 2026
  • Roy Jones Jr. Blasts Dana White and Zuffa’s Push to Reshape Boxing During Explosive “Boxing Primetime Show” Interview
    , Sat, 16 May 2026
  • Weigh-In Results: Keyshawn Davis vs. Nahir Albright II
    , Sat, 16 May 2026
  • Jerusalem vs. Kuse II: High-Stakes Rematch in Johannesburg
    By Dong Secuya, , Sat, 16 May 2026
  • Hometown Hero Edward Vazquez Returns to ProBoxTV on Friday, June 5, to Face Mexico’s Daniel Lugo in the 10-round Main Event of ‘The Contender Series’ at University of Texas in Arlington
    , Sat, 16 May 2026
  • AQ Prime to host 2 big tournaments
    By Marlon Bernardino, , Sat, 16 May 2026
  • June 6 announcement: Padley-Fiaz to Main Event in Sheffield after Galal Yafai setback
    , Fri, 15 May 2026
  • Press Conference Notes: Keyshawn Davis Ready to Settle Unfinished Business in Saturday’s Hometown Rematch against Nahir Albright LIVE on DAZN
    , Fri, 15 May 2026
  • Eros Correa vs. Anthony Garnica, Set to Clash for WBC Continental Americas Title.
    , Fri, 15 May 2026
  • Eman-Perez rematch now title-match
    By Lito delos Reyes, , Fri, 15 May 2026
  • Montreal Experience greatly benefited Undefeated Kansas boxing prospect Marco Romero for this Saturday’s fight
    , Fri, 15 May 2026
  • ”MERCILESS” RAY MERCER TO ATTEND 2026 HALL OF FAME WEEKEND
    , Fri, 15 May 2026
  • IIEE Metro Central dominates the IIEE National Midyear Convention sportsfest
    By Marlon Bernardino, , Fri, 15 May 2026
  • Ancajas Boxing team to join Koronadal slugfest
    By Lito delos Reyes, , Fri, 15 May 2026




  •  



     
    PhilBoxing.com has been created to support every aspiring
    Filipino boxer and the Philippine boxing scene in general.
    Please send comments to feedback@philboxing.com


    PRIVATE POLICY | LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    developed and maintained by dong secuya
    © 2026 philboxing.com.