Philippines, 18 May 2026
  Home >> News

 


BOXERS

CURRENT CHAMPIONS 

FORMER CHAMPIONS   

RATINGS                       

NEWS           

FORUM        

FIGHT GALLERIES        

RING CARD GIRLS        


 
 
News  


IBF APPROVES CONDES TITLE DEFENSE AGAINST GARCIA


PhilBoxing.com




IBF Championship Committee chairman Lindsey Tucker says he has approved the first title defense of minimum weight champion Florante Condes against No. 6 ranked Raul ?Rayito? Garcia in La Paz, Mexico on February 16.

Tucker informed Viva Sports/Manila Standard Today that he had ?a signed contract from Condes? which his Filipino co-manager Aljoe Jaro said he knew nothing about and hadn?t agreed to. Aljoe Jaro spoke to us shortly after his arrival from Jakarta on Wednesday. He said he would check with Condes late Thursday.

Tucker disclosed the IBF has ?a contract on file from Dante Ortiz as the co-manager of Condes? which states that ?both Ortiz and Jaro are co-managers but Ortiz has the right to make the fights if Condes becomes rated in the top 5 of the major sanctioning bodies or becomes champion.? Aware of a simmering dispute between Condes? Filipino and American co-managers as well as promoter Bobby Bostick and his representative Cezar Trevino, Tucker stressed that the IBF ?does not get involved in contract disputes.?

When Ortiz, Trevino and former world champion Morris East visited Manila some months ago and met with Aljoe Jaro and Condes in the office of Games and Amusements Board chairman Eric Buhain it seemed the differences had been resolved after Buhain upheld the contract of the promoter. But trouble soon broke out when Aljoe Jaro wanted to promote a rematch with Indonesian Muhammad Rachman from whom Condes won the title last July with the Bostick camp objecting claiming only they could promote the fights of Condes.

Aljoe Jaro maintained he would never agree to Condes defending his title in the hometown of Garcia pointing out that the Filipino is the champion and the challenger or his co-manager who is a Puerto Rican-American cannot dictate.

Condes has a record of 22-3-1 with 20 knockouts while Garcia is undefeated with a record of 21-0-1 with 15 knockouts. He won the Mexican minimum weight title with a twelve round unanimous decision over Oscar Saturnino last October 19 and last June 15 scored a split decision win over Sammy Gutierrez.


Click here to view a list of other articles written by Ronnie Nathanielsz.


Recent PhilBoxing.com In-House articles:

  • Arijan Goricki Knocks Out Hassan Ndonga in Nairobi
    , Mon, 18 May 2026
  • USA Boxing's High Performance Squad Sets Sights on Gold at 2026 Copa America
    , Mon, 18 May 2026
  • Team Sugar Rush wins Sir Jessie Villasin Chess Team 2X2 Tournament
    By Marlon Bernardino, , Mon, 18 May 2026
  • Paolo Gallito, 6 others in the last 16 in Malaysia
    By Marlon Bernardino, , Sun, 17 May 2026
  • Keyshawn Davis Returns Home With Decision Win Over Nahir Albright
    , Sun, 17 May 2026
  • Heartbreak in Johannesburg: Jerusalem Dethroned by Kuse in Bloody Rematch
    By Dong Secuya, , Sun, 17 May 2026
  • Roy Jones Jr. Blasts Dana White and Zuffa’s Push to Reshape Boxing During Explosive “Boxing Primetime Show” Interview
    , Sat, 16 May 2026
  • Weigh-In Results: Keyshawn Davis vs. Nahir Albright II
    , Sat, 16 May 2026
  • Jerusalem vs. Kuse II: High-Stakes Rematch in Johannesburg
    By Dong Secuya, , Sat, 16 May 2026
  • Hometown Hero Edward Vazquez Returns to ProBoxTV on Friday, June 5, to Face Mexico’s Daniel Lugo in the 10-round Main Event of ‘The Contender Series’ at University of Texas in Arlington
    , Sat, 16 May 2026
  • AQ Prime to host 2 big tournaments
    By Marlon Bernardino, , Sat, 16 May 2026
  • June 6 announcement: Padley-Fiaz to Main Event in Sheffield after Galal Yafai setback
    , Fri, 15 May 2026
  • Press Conference Notes: Keyshawn Davis Ready to Settle Unfinished Business in Saturday’s Hometown Rematch against Nahir Albright LIVE on DAZN
    , Fri, 15 May 2026
  • Eros Correa vs. Anthony Garnica, Set to Clash for WBC Continental Americas Title.
    , Fri, 15 May 2026
  • Eman-Perez rematch now title-match
    By Lito delos Reyes, , Fri, 15 May 2026
  • Montreal Experience greatly benefited Undefeated Kansas boxing prospect Marco Romero for this Saturday’s fight
    , Fri, 15 May 2026
  • ”MERCILESS” RAY MERCER TO ATTEND 2026 HALL OF FAME WEEKEND
    , Fri, 15 May 2026
  • IIEE Metro Central dominates the IIEE National Midyear Convention sportsfest
    By Marlon Bernardino, , Fri, 15 May 2026
  • Ancajas Boxing team to join Koronadal slugfest
    By Lito delos Reyes, , Fri, 15 May 2026
  • Jojo Legaspi eyes four squads in JCI Senate Lipa 3X3 Open Rapid Chess Tournament on June 20
    By Marlon Bernardino, , Fri, 15 May 2026
  • Paras ready to face Yokoyama on June 6
    By Lito delos Reyes, , Thu, 14 May 2026
  • Keyshawn Davis vs. Nahir Albright II Fight Week Events to Stream LIVE on Top Rank’s Social Media Channels
    , Thu, 14 May 2026
  • Champion Outside the Ring: Gustavo Trujillo and Bio Cell Wellness Group Support Children with Autism Through Life-Changing Therapies
    , Thu, 14 May 2026
  • IBA and WBA successfully deliver first joint professional training course for referees and judges
    , Wed, 13 May 2026
  • GAB to give managers, matchmakers and trainers 3 years license
    By Lito delos Reyes, , Wed, 13 May 2026




  •  



     
    PhilBoxing.com has been created to support every aspiring
    Filipino boxer and the Philippine boxing scene in general.
    Please send comments to feedback@philboxing.com


    PRIVATE POLICY | LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    developed and maintained by dong secuya
    © 2026 philboxing.com.