ALL SET FOR NOV. 28 LAUNCH OF BLOW BY BLOW RELOADED
By Manny Piñol
27 Nov 2015
All is set for the launching of "Blow By Blow Reloaded," a re-do of a popular television sports program which made Filipino boxing icon Manny Pacquiao a household name over a decade ago.
Hosted by no less than Pacquiao himself, the first live event of "Blow By Blow Reloaded" will be staged free to the public at the City Gymnasium in the General Santos City Plaza on Nov. 28, Saturday.
The fights will be aired weekly starting Dec. 13 at 3 p.m. on ABC TV5 which is co-producing the event with Energy Drink Black Mamba as the major sponsor.
At 11 a.m. today, young boxing prospects will appear in the official weigh-in and press conference at the East Asia Royale Hotel in General Santos City.
On Saturday, undefeated Jilbert Gomera of General Santos City will go up against an outstanding boxer from Malaybalay, Buidnon, Mark Anthony Geraldo, in a bantamweight bout set for 8 rounds.
Another expected slambang will be between former IBF Pan Pacific Flyweight champion Ryan Rey Ponteras of Santa Josefa, Agusan del Sur and Pablito Canada Jr. of Manila.
Eight other bouts will be featured during the event which will be attended by Cong. Manny Pacquiao and General Santos City Mayor Ronel Rivera.
“We have decided to launch Blow By Blow Reloaded in Gensan because this was where Manny started his boxing career 20 years ago,” said boxing promoter Joselito Mondejar, who along with his friend, the late Ramon “Moy” Lainez started the original Blow By Blow which featured a young and skinny power puncher - Manny Pacquiao.
At the end of the year-long tournament, a committee headed by Pacquiao himself will choose outstanding boxers in five weight divisions - flyweight, bantamweight, featherweight, lightweight and welterweight - who will receive Trophies and Cash Awards.
The Most Outstanding Boxer of the tournament will also be selected and will receive a cash bonus of P100,000 and a huge Pacquiao Trophy.
All six outstanding fighters will then be featured in a big event against foreign fighters, preferably in the United States of America so they could be given the needed international exposure, Mondejar said.
Here is the complete card:
- RYAN REY PONTERAS (Agusan Sur) vs. PABLITO CANADA JR, (Manila) 8 rds., 118 lbs.
- JILBERT GOMERA (Gen. Santos City) vs. MARK ANTHONY GERALDO (Bukidnon), 8 rds., 118 lbs.
- ELVIC BICOY (Mindanao) vs. JHALEEL PAYAO (Cebu), 8 rds., 122 lbs.
- IAN LIGUTAN (Mindanao) vs.SALATIEL AMIT (Cebu) - 8 rds., 112 lbs.
- EBON LOPEREZ (Manila) vs. JIMBOY HAYA (Cebu) - 6 rds., 106 lbs.
- RONNEL TOQUERO (Manila) vs. FILJUN TANEO (Cebu) - 6 rds., 118 lbs.
- JOEY ANTONIO (Mindanao) vs. REYNARD TADAY (Manila) 6 rds., 108 lbs.
- JOE TEJONES (Mindanao) vs. JAY-R ALIASOT (Cebu) 6 rds., 122 lbs.
- ERNIEL CAMPANO (Mindanao) vs. ALEX CAOKTOY (Cebu) - 4 rds., 106 lbs.
- JOEL LINO (Mindanao) vs. ROMEO GARDE (Mindanao) - 4 rds., 112 lbs.
- ARGIE LANUZA (Mindanao) vs.JIMBOY VIJANO (Mindanao) - 4 rds., 106 lbs.
- ANNIE MINOR (Mindanao) vs.Martin Padrerogao (Mindanao) 4 rds., 105 lbs.
(Photo: Black Mamba Round Girls will make their first appearance on Saturday in the first staging of Blow By Blow Reloaded. Participants in the most awaited clash, Mark Anthony Geraldo and undefeated Jilbert Gomera are shown in photos.)
Back to Manny Piñol's Articles Listing
Recent PhilBoxing.com In-House articles:
PhilBoxing.com has been created to support every aspiring
Filipino boxer and the Philippine boxing scene in general.
Please send comments to email@example.com