Philippines, 23 May 2026
  Home >> News

 


BOXERS

CURRENT CHAMPIONS 

FORMER CHAMPIONS   

RATINGS                       

NEWS           

FORUM        

FIGHT GALLERIES        

RING CARD GIRLS        


 
 
News  


IBF SAYS ONLY COURT ORDER CAN STOP CONDES TITLE DEFENSE


PhilBoxing.com




The IBF says only a court order can stop the world organization from pushing through with the minimum weight title defense of champion Florante Condes against No. 6 ranked Raul Garcia of Mexico in La Paz, Mexico on February 16.

IBF Championship Committee chairman Lindsey Tucker told Viva Sports/Manila Standard Today that the IBF ?is happy that Condes is going to make an optional defense? because he personally hates to see an IBF chamnpion ?sitting for seven months until its time for me to notify them to do their mandatory.?

However, in the wake of a threat by promoter Bobby Bostick to take legal action to stop the title fight in Garcia?s hometown Tucker disclosed that ?the fight will be push through unless we get a court order that we can?t.?

Condes? promoter Bobby Bostick had earlier informed IBF Championship Committee chairman Lindsey Tucker that Condes ?never saw the contract and never signed the contract? which was contrary to claims by Tucker that he had a contract ?that appears to be signed by Condes? which Condes himself later admitted he signed.

Based on the contract he had, the IBF had approved the fight against Garcia but Tucker told Bostick that ?if Condes does not come to Mexico, I will notify all the parties involved with Condes on February 7 that the Filipino ?must fight his mandatory against the leading available contender.?

Tucker disclosed that Bostick had told him he ?wants to promote Condes vs (Muhammad) Rachman in the Philippines in the last Saturday in February? but that he had told Bostick ?it will not happen because its too far past Condes? notification date.?

Bostick indicated he would try to arrange for the fight to happen on February 16. However, Tucker said ?the IBF will not accept any postponements and Condes must then go directly to his mandatory.?

The IBF official emphasized that if Condes did sign the contract to fight Garcia ?I will not approve Condes vs Rachman? and indicated that Bostick and co-manager Dante Ortiz would have to resolve their dispute in court. Tucker revealed that Bostick ?may in fact take legal action against Ortiz and (Morris) East? who apparently got Condes to sign the Garcia contract.


Click here to view a list of other articles written by Ronnie Nathanielsz.


Recent PhilBoxing.com In-House articles:

  • ProBoxTV Goes Global This Saturday with Two Action-Packed International Events Broadcast Live on One Sensational Saturday
    , Sat, 23 May 2026
  • Oleksandr Usyk Returns Against Unknown Boxer on RING/DAZN PPV
    By Chris Carlson, , Sat, 23 May 2026
  • Ayala Lardizabal stops Mama as IBA PRO 18 delivers dramatic night in Mexico City
    , Sat, 23 May 2026
  • MF PRO Launches U.S. Boxing Debut with “Pugilist Revolution” Featuring "H2O" Sylve vs. Joseph “JoJo” Diaz in Southern California Showdown
    , Sat, 23 May 2026
  • Dela Cerna fights Lastimosa on June 21 in Muntilupa
    By Lito delos Reyes, , Sat, 23 May 2026
  • USA Boxing Elite High Performance Squad Posts Another Seven-Win Day in Colombia
    , Sat, 23 May 2026
  • 2026 NBA Playoffs: Knicks Beat Cavaliers 109-93 Behind Hart’s Postseason Career-High 26 in East Finals
    By Reylan Loberternos, , Fri, 22 May 2026
  • Rep. Barzaga invited in Bakbakan sa Putatan
    By Lito delos Reyes, , Fri, 22 May 2026
  • Weights Set from San Jose: Amari Jones and Vincenzo Gualtieri Cleared for IBF Middleweight Eliminator
    , Fri, 22 May 2026
  • 2026 NBA Playoffs: Gilgeous-Alexander Back to MVP Form as Thunder Top Spurs 122-113 in West Game 2
    By Reylan Loberternos, , Fri, 22 May 2026
  • IBA flag raised at the peak of Mount Everest following historic ascent
    , Fri, 22 May 2026
  • Jacamos fights for vacant WBC Youth World junior fly in South Africa on May 23
    By Lito delos Reyes, , Fri, 22 May 2026
  • Lastimosa to fight for vacant PBF Youth light fly crown
    By Lito delos Reyes, , Fri, 22 May 2026
  • USA Boxing Elite High Performance Squad Adds Seven Wins on Day Four at 2026 Copa America
    , Fri, 22 May 2026
  • Bohat fights for PBF Silver bantamweight crown
    By Lito delos Reyes, , Thu, 21 May 2026
  • AGM Bernardino to hold chess simul in San Manuel, Tarlac
    By Marlon Bernardino, , Thu, 21 May 2026
  • JONES VS. GUALTIERI FINAL PRESS CONFERENCE
    , Thu, 21 May 2026
  • Round 12 with Mauricio Sulaiman: From Madrid to Johannesburg – The Legacy of the WBC in South Africa
    By Mauricio Sulaimán, , Thu, 21 May 2026
  • TYSON VS. MAYWEATHER EXHIBITION IS ON— TYSON BROKEN HAND PUSHES EVENT FROM SPRING TO FALL OF 2026
    , Thu, 21 May 2026
  • Three Lions Promotions Building pro boxing back to Glory days in Metro Vancouver
    , Thu, 21 May 2026
  • Jenn Perella shines, Bobby Laing stops Russ Kimber in 1st round
    , Thu, 21 May 2026
  • TRAINING CAMP NOTES: Gustavo Trujillo Looks to Continue his Rise in the Heavyweight Division
    , Thu, 21 May 2026
  • Filipino Francisco "Django" Bustamante rules 2026 Buffalo’s Pro Classic 1 Ball One Pocket Division
    By Marlon Bernardino, , Thu, 21 May 2026
  • USA Boxing Elite High Performance Squad Secures Eight More Victories on Day Three of 2026 Copa America
    , Thu, 21 May 2026
  • THE PAST WEEK IN ACTION 19 MAY 2026: Davis Outpoints Albright; Kuse Dethrones Jerusalem; Donovan Defeats Chukhadzhian; Hrgovic Stops Allen
    By Eric Armit, , Wed, 20 May 2026




  •  



     
    PhilBoxing.com has been created to support every aspiring
    Filipino boxer and the Philippine boxing scene in general.
    Please send comments to feedback@philboxing.com


    PRIVATE POLICY | LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    developed and maintained by dong secuya
    © 2026 philboxing.com.