WOMEN’S STRAWWEIGHT VIVIANE “SUCURI
Tue, 22 May 2018
Singapore - UFC®, the world’s premier Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) organization, has confirmed that Chinese striker Yan Xiaonan (8-1, fighting out of Beijing, China) will now face Viviane “Sucuri” Pereira De Oliveira (13-1-0, fighting out of Fortaleza, Ceatra Brazil) in a strawweight bout at UFC® FIGHT NIGHT SINGAPORE: COWBOY VS EDWARDS presented by AirAsia, taking place on June 23 at the Singapore Indoor Stadium.
This marks Pereira’s debut in Singapore, and she’s looking to bounce back following her loss to Titana Suarez in November 2017.
Come June 23, fans can expect a world-class MMA event with athletes from around the world. A truly international fight card, UFC® FIGHT NIGHT SINGAPORE: COWBOY VS EDWARDS presented by AirAsia boasts athletes from Australia, Brazil, China, England, Japan, Mexico, Philippines, Russia and the United States.
This includes the highly-anticipated headline match-up between UFC legend, and if victorious, record-holder for most-wins, no. 11-ranked welterweight Donald ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone (33-10, 1NC, fighting out of Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA) and rapidly rising young British star, Leon ‘Rocky’ Edwards (14-3, fighting out of Birmingham, England). Knock-out artist Ovince St Preux (22-11, fighting out of Knoxville, Tennessee, USA) will also take on surging Australian submission specialist Tyson Pedro (7-1, fighting out of Sydney, Australia) in what is set to be one of the most exciting light heavyweight match-ups of 2018.
Updated fight card can be found here:
• No. 11-ranked Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone (33-10-0, fighting out of Albuquerque, New Mexico) will face No. 14 ranked rising British star, Leon 'Rocky' Edwards (14-3, fighting out of Birmingham, England) in the Welterweight headliner
• No. 7-ranked knockout-ace Ovince Saint Preux (22-11, fighting out of Knoxville, Tennessee, USA) will face rising Australian star Tyson Pedro (7-1, fighting out of Sydney, Australia) in a light heavyweight showdown
• Powerful Japanese striker Shinsho Anzai (10-2, fighting out of Tokyo, Japan) will face “The Celtic Kid” Jake Matthews (13-3, fighting out of Epping, Victoria, Australia) who is looking to build on his 2-fight winning streak in the welterweight division
• No. 9-ranked women’s flyweight Jessica Rose Clark (8-4, fighting out of Innisfail, Australia) is looking to start her UFC career with three wins in a row as she faces no. 10-ranked Jessica Eye (12-6, fighting out of Cleveland, Ohio, USA)
• In a flyweight bout, Jenel Lausa (7-4, fighting out of Manila, Philippines) faces Japanese rising star Ulka Sasaki (20-5-2, fighting out of Shizuoka, Japan), with each athlete hungry for a dominant win
• Submission specialist Matt Schnell (11-4, fighting out of Shreveport, Louisiana, USA) takes on 20-year-old undefeated prospect Naoki Inoue (11-0, fighting out of Toyohashi, Japan) in a flyweight match-up
• Viviene Perreira (13-1-0, fighting out of Fortaleza, Ceara Brazil) will be looking for a bounce-back win over Chinese striker Yan Xiaonan (8-1, fighting out of Beijing, China)
• China’s biggest MMA star and welterweight prospect Li “Leech” Jingliang (14-5, fighting out of Beijing, China) will return to Singapore to face Japan’s Judo specialist, Daichi Abe (6-1, fighting out of Tokyo, Japan)
• Up and coming Chinese prospect Song Yadong (10-3-0, 2NC fighting out of Heilongjiang, China) will make his bantamweight debut in a showdown against Felipe ‘Sertanejo’ Arantes (18-9-1, 2NC, fighting out of Sao Paulo, Brazil)
• Rapid striker Song ‘The Assassin’ Kenan (13-4-0, fighting out of Tangshan, Hebei, China) will look to secure his second consecutive welterweight win against UFC debutant and The Ultimate Fighter Latin America contender Héctor Aldana (4-1, fighting out of Mexico) in the Octagon®
• Dynamic athlete Teruto ‘Yashabo’ Ishihara (11-5-2, fighting out of Osaka, Japan) will continue his bantamweight pursuit in a bout against UFC debutant and bright Russian prospect, Petr ‘No Mercy’ Yan (8-1, fighting out of Omsk, Russia)
• Southeast Asia’s MMA prospect and striking expert Rolando ‘Incredible’ Dy (9-6-1, 1NC, fighting out of Paranaque City, Philippines) will look to fly the flag for the Philippines in a featherweight match-up against rapidly rising star Shane ‘Sugar’ Young (11-4-0, fighting out of Auckland, New Zealand)
Additional fights will be confirmed in the lead up to the event, and fans are urged to secure their event tickets now as the event is expected to sell out fast. All bouts live and subject to change.
Tickets to a thrilling night of sporting action at UFC® FIGHT NIGHT SINGAPORE: COWBOY VS EDWARDS presented by AirAsia are priced at S$378, S$268, S$198, S$148, S$98, S$68 and S$48 (prices do not include booking fee). Tickets are now available for purchase online at www.sportshubtix.sg, the Singapore Indoor Stadium Box Office, Sports Hub Tix Outlets, all SingPost locations, and by calling Sports Hub Tix Hotline at +65 3158 7888.
Additionally, fans can opt for limited UFC VIP Experience packages ranging from $888 for Super VIP to S$2,888 for Owners VVIP, with the very best Octagon-side floor seats. All packages include exclusive VIP hospitality in the VIP Lounge, where fans have access to photo opportunities with UFC guest fighters and the Championship Belt. Select packages include a private ‘Inside the Octagon’ Tour and access to the Official After-Party.
For the latest card information or current fight news, please visit UFC.com. Bouts are subject to change. More bouts will be confirmed as they become available. Early bird promotions will be available from April 25 – May 9.
Follow us on Facebook (UFC Asia), Twitter and Instagram (@ufc), and use our official hashtag: #UFCSINGAPORE
Click here to view a list of other articles written by .
Recent PhilBoxing.com In-House articles:
PhilBoxing.com has been created to support every aspiring
Filipino boxer and the Philippine boxing scene in general.
Please send comments to email@example.com