Philippines, 21 Feb 2026
  Home >> News

 


BOXERS

CURRENT CHAMPIONS 

FORMER CHAMPIONS   

RATINGS                       

NEWS           

FORUM        

FIGHT GALLERIES        

RING CARD GIRLS        


 
 
Boxing News


There are 175,169 news articles in the database.
Displaying articles 110461 to 110480.


DEAR MAYWEATHER AND PACQUIAO: THIS IS THE WAY
By Reni M. Valenzuela, PhilBoxing.com, Sat, 14 Jan 2012
Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. have been knocking around tricky thorny paths that could lead them to undesirable destinations as individuals and top boxers. They need some changing of "gears" soon enough to make a truly wonderful turnaround in their personal life and boxing career, and perh  Read Full Story >>>

Manny Pacquiao and Miguel Cotto are OUT, and Saul Alvarez is in May 5th
By Shawn Craddick, Boxing Socialist, Sat, 14 Jan 2012
Manny Pacquiao and Miguel Cotto are out and Saul Canelo Alvarez is in. Here is the reason why. It's no surprise that Bob Arum does not want to make the May 5th fight with Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao. Who benefits from the extra $20-$40 Million from the new stadium? Mr Bob Arum of course. You  Read Full Story >>>

BOXINGTALK'S DEAR JOHN MAILBAG
By John McCormick, BoxingTalk.com, Sat, 14 Jan 2012
John, Are you saying that Floyd Mayweather always waits for his opponents to tire in the ring before he steps up the heat or is it his ability to carry fighters faster than they are used to that causes the fatigue? And what does that say about his stamina? Also, since this is all hypothetical; supp  Read Full Story >>>

?His option is that he?s scared, he?s been running? ? Mayweather Sr. on Pacquiao
By Chris Robinson, Examiner.com, Sat, 14 Jan 2012

When it comes to a possible fight between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr., the latter?s father Floyd Sr. has no doubt what the holdup is. Speaking from Johnny Tocco  
Read Full Story >>>

It's Manny or nothing: Mayweather only interested in super fight with Pacquiao
By Martin Domin, Daily Mail (UK), Sat, 14 Jan 2012
Floyd Mayweather Jnr has stepped up his campaign to convince Manny Pacquiao to meet him in the ring on May 5. The five-division world champion first called out his Filipino rival via Twitter earlier this week but Pacquiao's camp said they would prefer to wait until a 45,000 seat boxing stadium is  Read Full Story >>>

Promoter stubbornness keeps Pacquiao-Mayweather from reality
By Bob Velin, USA Today, Sat, 14 Jan 2012
GB and TR even co-promoted a few fights, including Top Rank's Cuban sensation, Yuriorkis Gamboa, against Golden Boy's Daniel Ponce de Leon, in September. And that came after a legal tug-of-war over Filipino bantamweight star Nonito Donaire, who called himself a free agent and left Top Rank to sign w  Read Full Story >>>

Mayweather: "I don't even know who Robert"The Ghost" Guerrero is."
By Kevin Davis, Boxing Socialist, Sat, 14 Jan 2012
Floyd Mayweather has been on a Manny Pacquiao hunt for May 5th, but last week Robert 'the ghost' Guerrero was the leader of the pack, to gain a fight at Floyd Mayweather. What went wrong, well what if I told you that this was a promotional ploy from the start by Goldenboy Promotions. They want you t  Read Full Story >>>

Amir Khan gets shot at redemption, WBA orders Peterson rematch
By Darren Barcomb, 8countnews, Sat, 14 Jan 2012
The WBA has stepped up and ordered that a rematch take place between WBA/IBF light welterweight champion Lamont Peterson and the man he controversially snatched the belt from, Amir Khan. While no date or venue is yet set, the WBA has declared it must take place within 180 days. The basis for the   Read Full Story >>>

WBA ORDERS IMMEDIATE REMATCH FOR AMIR KHAN AND LAMONT PETERSON
PhilBoxing.com, Sat, 14 Jan 2012

LOS ANGELES (January 13, 2012) - After a sound and fair analysis of the facts contained in the appeal filed by Golden Boy Promotions on behalf of Amir Khan with respect to the outcome of the December 10, 2011 World Boxing A  
Read Full Story >>>

Roach pushing hard for Pac-Mayweather
By Dan Rafael, ESPN.com, Sat, 14 Jan 2012
Like many fight fans, Roach watched the rhetoric explode between the camps after Mayweather's 87-day jail sentence on a domestic violence plea was deferred from Jan. 6 to June 1 so he could fulfill an obligation to the MGM Grand in Las Vegas for a May 5 fight against an undetermined opponent. A f  Read Full Story >>>

Arum works out Plan A, B for Pacquiao
By Joaquin Henson, The Philippine Star, Sat, 14 Jan 2012
MANILA, Philippines - No stone is left unturned when it comes to Bob Arum preparing for a big boxing promotion and in the case of the world?s No. 1 pound-for-pound fighter Manny Pacquiao, the Top Rank chairman has a Plan A and a Plan B for his next bout. Plan A involves Floyd Mayweather Jr. and A  Read Full Story >>>

PACQUIAO VS. MAYWEATHER; BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR
AC Sports Monthly, Sat, 14 Jan 2012
When Las Vegas Justice of the Peace Melissa Saragosa slapped Floyd Mayweather Jr. with a 90-day prison sentence, she just might have done the sport of boxing a colossal favor. Although Mayweather?s stint in the slammer on domestic abuse charges? which is now scheduled to begin June 1st? won?t kil  Read Full Story >>>

WBO DRUG-FREE PROGRAM SET TO KICK OFF JAN. 29
PhilBoxing.com, Sat, 14 Jan 2012
The World Boxing Organization (WBO) through its president Francisco 'Paco' Valcarcel and Asia Pacific chairman Leon Panoncillo has announced that this year's WBO Drug Free event will take place in Mandaue City with its opening program set for January 28. The program is a yearly WBO activity aimed  Read Full Story >>>

Melson to face Wilson January 21!
PhilBoxing.com, Sat, 14 Jan 2012
New York, NY (January 13, 2012) ? Boyd ?Rainmaker? Melson will face his most experienced foe to date when he battles Shawn Rawley Wilson in a six round junior middleweight bout Saturday, January 21 at New York City?s Roseland Ballroom. Hailing from Omaha, NE, Wilson?s faced a number of quality o  Read Full Story >>>

Despaigne Falls Out, Chilemba Jumps in to Face Miranda February 3 in Las Vegas
PhilBoxing.com, Sat, 14 Jan 2012
Claiming he is not "mentally ready" to fight, Cuban light heavyweight Yordanis Despaigne has withdrawn from his scheduled rematch against charismatic light heavyweight slugger Edison "Pantera" Miranda (35-6, 30 KOs), scheduled for Friday, February 3, in the Dallas Events Center at the Texas Station   Read Full Story >>>

The WBKBA Launches The First Sanctioned Bare Knuckle Boxing Association
PhilBoxing.com, Sat, 14 Jan 2012
Last year the WBKBA?World Bare Knuckle Boxing Association?made history as it held the first sanctioned bare knuckle boxing bout since BKB legend John L. Sullivan fought an epic 75-round contest against Jake Kilrain, winning by knockout and retiring the last heavyweight champion. In August of 2011  Read Full Story >>>

Donaire chides Floyd on tweeter challenge
By Josef T. Ramos, The Manila Times, Sat, 14 Jan 2012
WORLD Boxing Organization and World Boxing Council bantamweight champion Nonito Donaire Jr. came to the aid of his compatriot Manny Pacquiao by chiding thrash-talking Floyd Mayweather Jr. for the latter?s challenges issued via tweeter. Donaire told boxing website examiner.com that the unbeaten Am  Read Full Story >>>

Rematch vs Cotto up next for Pacman?
By Abac Cordero, The Philippine Star, Sat, 14 Jan 2012
MANILA, Philippines - Miguel Cotto seemed to have found the inside track in the Manny Pacquiao stakes race. No less than Pacquiao?s wife, Jinkee, has told the media that the reigning WBO welterweight champion prefers Cotto as his next opponent. Jinkee said his husband went through the tapes of  Read Full Story >>>

Top Rank says May 5th date is not for Pacquiao and Mayweather
By Rich Mancuso, Boxing Insider, Sat, 14 Jan 2012
Despite reports coming from the Philippines that Manny Pacquiao has accepted the May 5th date to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr., Top Rank, promoter of Pacquiao, as of early Friday denied reports that the mega-fight has been made. Bob Arum, after spending three days with Pacquiao was en- route to Las Veg  Read Full Story >>>

Roach Tabs Peterson as Top Pick For Pacquiao in June
By Edward Chaykovsky, BoxingScene.com, Sat, 14 Jan 2012
During a recent interview with ESPN.com, trainer Freddie Roach selected Lamont Peterson as the top pick on his list for Manny Pacquiao. Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum is meeting with Pacquiao to select an opponent for late-May or early June. Among the four selections, Roach has Peterson at the top of his l  Read Full Story >>>


<< First | < Previous | 5524 | 5525 | 5526 | 5527 | 5528 | 5529 | 5530 | 5531 | 5532 | 5533 | Next > | Last >>


 



 
PhilBoxing.com has been created to support every aspiring
Filipino boxer and the Philippine boxing scene in general.
Please send comments to feedback@philboxing.com


PRIVATE POLICY | LEGAL DISCLAIMER
developed and maintained by dong secuya
© 2026 philboxing.com.