Philippines, 21 May 2026
  Home >> News

 


BOXERS

CURRENT CHAMPIONS 

FORMER CHAMPIONS   

RATINGS                       

NEWS           

FORUM        

FIGHT GALLERIES        

RING CARD GIRLS        


 
 
News  


WORLD TITLE DOUBLE-HEADER TOPS MONTE-CARLO SHOWDOWN V ON DECEMBER 14

PhilBoxing.com




Akhmadaliev, Ferreira, Clarke and Cully star on Salle Des Étoiles fight night

A thrilling World Title double-header will top the latest instalment of the Monte-Carlo Showdown at Salle Des Étoiles at Sporting Monte-Carlo on Saturday December 14, shown live worldwide on DAZN.

Uzbekistan’s former IBF and WBA Super-Bantamweight World Champion Murodjon Akhmadaliev (12-1, 9 KOs) attempts to become a two-time World Champion when he takes on Mexican knockout artist Ricardo Espinoza Franco (30-4, 25 KOs) for the interim WBA Super-Bantamweight World Title.

‘MJ’ made three defences of the IBF and WBA World Titles he landed against Daniel Roman in Miami in January 2020 before losing them in a split decision points loss to Marlon Tapales on the undercard of Jesse Rodriguez vs. Cristian Gonzalez at the Boeing Center at Tech Port in San Antonio, Texas last year.

Brazilian amateur star turned 5-0 professional Beatriz Ferreira makes the first defence of her IBF Lightweight World Title against France’s former European Champion Licia Boudersa (23-2-2, 4 KOs) after capturing the vacant crown against Yanina del Carmen Lescano in Liverpool earlier this year.

‘The Beast’, a former amateur World Champion, won silver at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games before putting pen to paper on a long-term promotional deal with Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom Boxing in 2022. The 31-year-old attempted to go one better by winning gold in Paris this summer but ultimately fell short to eventual champion Kellie Harrington in the semi-final.

British Cruiserweight Champion Chev Clarke (10-0, 7 KOs) looks to build on his successful American debut last time out in August when he clashes with unbeaten Frenchman Leonardo Mosquea (15-0, 9 KOs) for the vacant EBU European Cruiserweight Title in what will be his biggest test to date.

Big hitting ‘C4’ looks to end a breakout 2024 on a high after stopping Belfast’s former European ruler Tommy McCarthy at Ulster Hall back in January, taking out Ellis Zorro in eight rounds to claim the famous Lord Lonsdale Challenge Belt at the First Direct Arena in Leeds in May and decisioning Efetobor Apochi over ten hard rounds in Los Angeles in August.

Irish Lightweight contender Gary Cully (18-1, 10 KOs) puts his WBA Continental Title on the line against Rossington’s Maxi Hughes (27-7-2, 6 KOs) in an intriguing Ireland vs. England match-up. ‘The Diva’ outpointed Belgium’s former European Champion Francesco Patera in Leeds last time out in May while ‘Maximus’ earned an impressive stoppage win over Efstathios Antonas in Sheffield last month.

“I’m very excited to be back in the ring and making the first defence of my World Title in Monte-Carlo,” said Ferreira. “I am very proud to have finished my Olympic journey as a two-time medallist but from now on my focus is 100% on the professionals and I am excited about this next phase in my career and dedicating myself fully to professional boxing.

“My opponent is very experienced and has won many titles in the past so I'm looking forward to the challenge and then I hope to move into big unification fights and add more World Titles in 2025.”

“I’m happy to be going back to work,” said Akhmadaliev. “It looks like that p4p star is not ready for big challenges. He can continue running away, but I will get what should be mine anyway. ‘M’J in business again and December will be hot!”

“I can’t wait to return to breathtaking Monte-Carlo for a magnificent night of World Championship boxing on December 14,” said Matchroom Sport Chairman Eddie Hearn. “Two thrilling World Title clashes, a European Title showdown between two hungry undefeated contenders and a big Ireland vs. England match-up – Monte-Carlo Showdown V has something for everyone! Catch all of the action live worldwide on DAZN.”

“Monte-Carlo Société des Bains de Mer has been the essential partner of the Principality of Monaco greatest sports events for over a century," said Albert Manzone. "We are delighted to welcoming the 2024 edition of the Monte-Carlo Showdown, presented by the Casino de Monte-Carlo, at the Sporting Monte-Carlo, in the prestigious Salle des Etoiles room.”

Tickets priced at €200 plus fees will be available to purchase via Stage Front from 10am tomorrow morning (Monday October 28). In addition, Hotel and Ticket Packages are available priced at £995 plus fees (for two people sharing).




Recent PhilBoxing.com In-House articles:

  • JONES VS. GUALTIERI FINAL PRESS CONFERENCE
    , Thu, 21 May 2026
  • Round 12 with Mauricio Sulaiman: From Madrid to Johannesburg – The Legacy of the WBC in South Africa
    By Mauricio Sulaimán, , Thu, 21 May 2026
  • TYSON VS. MAYWEATHER EXHIBITION IS ON— TYSON BROKEN HAND PUSHES EVENT FROM SPRING TO FALL OF 2026
    , Thu, 21 May 2026
  • Three Lions Promotions Building pro boxing back to Glory days in Metro Vancouver
    , Thu, 21 May 2026
  • Jenn Perella shines, Bobby Laing stops Russ Kimber in 1st round
    , Thu, 21 May 2026
  • TRAINING CAMP NOTES: Gustavo Trujillo Looks to Continue his Rise in the Heavyweight Division
    , Thu, 21 May 2026
  • Filipino Francisco "Django" Bustamante rules 2026 Buffalo’s Pro Classic 1 Ball One Pocket Division
    By Marlon Bernardino, , Thu, 21 May 2026
  • USA Boxing Elite High Performance Squad Secures Eight More Victories on Day Three of 2026 Copa America
    , Thu, 21 May 2026
  • THE PAST WEEK IN ACTION 19 MAY 2026: Davis Outpoints Albright; Kuse Dethrones Jerusalem; Donovan Defeats Chukhadzhian; Hrgovic Stops Allen
    By Eric Armit, , Wed, 20 May 2026
  • 2026 NBA Playoffs: Knicks Rally from 22 Points Down to Beat Cavs 115-104 in OT
    By Reylan Loberternos, , Wed, 20 May 2026
  • Filipino grabs second place in the National Canada Chess Challenge 2026
    By Marlon Bernardino, , Wed, 20 May 2026
  • Spotlight on Mexico City: boxers speak ahead of IBA Pro 18
    , Wed, 20 May 2026
  • 2026 NBA Playoffs: Wembanyama Outshines MVP Gilgeous-Alexander as Spurs Beat Thunder 122-115 in Double Overtime Thriller
    By Reylan Loberternos, , Wed, 20 May 2026
  • 0 MUST GO: SELDON JR. vs. POPPER — JUNE 13 AT THE TROP
    , Wed, 20 May 2026
  • CARL “THE COBRA” FROCH REUNITES WITH ANDRE WARD ON ART OF WARD FOR FIRST IN-DEPTH SIT-DOWN SINCE THEIR LEGENDARY SUPER SIX FINAL
    , Wed, 20 May 2026
  • BOXING LEGEND DARREN BARKER ANNOUNCES 'THE LONGEST ROUND' – A WORLD-FIRST ENDURANCE CHALLENGE FOR MEN'S MENTAL HEALTH
    , Wed, 20 May 2026
  • IBA stands ready to organise Jon Jones professional boxing fight in Russia
    , Wed, 20 May 2026
  • USA Boxing Elite High Performance Squad Earns Eight More Wins on Day Two at 2026 Copa America
    , Wed, 20 May 2026
  • QC ends PCAP Season 6 All-Filipino conference campaign
    By Marlon Bernardino, , Wed, 20 May 2026
  • It’s in the blood
    By Joaquin Henson, , Tue, 19 May 2026
  • “The fans will be the true winners” – Angel Ayala ready for IBA PRO 18 in Mexico City
    , Tue, 19 May 2026
  • Rematch option for Melvin
    By Joaquin Henson, , Tue, 19 May 2026
  • World-class stablemates John ‘Scrappy’ Ramirez & Darius ‘DFG’ Fulghum fighting on same card Friday night in San Jose
    , Tue, 19 May 2026
  • Ignacio Defeats Malayan to Claim Title and USD 10,000 Prize
    By Marlon Bernardino, , Tue, 19 May 2026
  • USA Boxing Elite High Performance Squad Dominates Day One of 2026 Copa America with 11-0 Record
    , Tue, 19 May 2026




  •  



     
    PhilBoxing.com has been created to support every aspiring
    Filipino boxer and the Philippine boxing scene in general.
    Please send comments to feedback@philboxing.com


    PRIVATE POLICY | LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    developed and maintained by dong secuya
    © 2026 philboxing.com.