Philippines, 27 May 2017
  Home >> News

 
Search Boxer:
First Name
Last Name


BOXERS                         

CURRENT CHAMPIONS 

FORMER CHAMPIONS   

RATINGS                       

FIGHT SCHEDULES        

FIGHT RESULTS            

NEWS                            

HOUSE NEWS                

FORUM                          

FIGHT GALLERIES        

TRAINERS                     

MANAGERS                    

PROMOTERS                  

BOXING GYMS               

RING CARD GIRLS        


 



Dong Secuya
Web Editor

Rene Bonsubre, Jr.
Contributing Editor

Homer D. Sayson
NBA Section Editor




Ronnie Nathanielsz

Rich Mazon

Eddie Alinea

Epifanio M. Almeda

Anthony Andales

Jason Aniel

Hesiquio Balderas

Sid Bañez

Brett Bonetti

Marlon Bernardino

Winchell Campos

Socrates Celestial

T. Chin-Te

Carlos Costa

Christopher Cruz

Rob Cruz

Jonathan Davis

Dr. Ed de la Vega

Lito delos Reyes

Gianluca (Rio) Di Caro

Edwin G. Espejo

Dennis U. Eroa

Ron Galarpe

Joaquin Henson

Oliver Iglesias

Dionis Jacobe

Ted Lerner

Salven Lagumbay

Reylan Loberternos

Mike Angel Lopez

Salvador Lopez

Joan Secuya-Medida

Ryan Medida

Rico Navarro

Rod Mijares

Manny Pacquiao

Gerry Peñalosa

Greg R. Penilla, M.D.

Gov. Manny Piñol

Dr. Allan Recto

Hermie Rivera

Emmanuel T. Rivera

Virgi T. Romano

Nicholai R. Roska

Maloney L. Samaco

Sev Sarmenta

Reynaldo Seno

Myron Sta. Ana

Atty. Danrex Joseph V. Tapdasan

Recah Trinidad

Reni M. Valenzuela

Mark F. Villanueva




 
News  


PACQUIAO REJECTS BIGGER REVENUE SPLIT FOR MAYWEATHER


PhilBoxing.com




Pound-for-pound king and “Fighter of the Decade” Manny Pacquiao has reportedly rejected a demand by the handlers of undefeated Floyd Mayweather Jr for a bigger revenue split in their planned megabuck fight sometime in November.

Inside Sports learned that Team Pacquiao had apparently submitted three different offers to the Mayweather handlers but the talks were stalled when Mayweather demanded a much bigger share of the revenues. Reports had earlier indicated Mayweather wanted a 60-40 split in his favor which was apparently promptly rejected by Pacquiao.

The internet boxing site Ringside Report claimed on Thursday, Manila Time, that an inside source from the Mayweather camp had told them, the fight is on and only the contracts need to be signed.

A report by “Bad” Brad Berkwitt indicated the fight is a “done deal with only signatures needed on the printed contract.” Berkwitt said a very reliable source close to Team Mayweather had contacted RSR to give them the information.

The source was quoted as saying “Floyd is very happy that both sides could work out issues that he always felt could be talked out.”

The same source revealed that Mayweather anticipates making well over $50 million with Pacquiao making "almost the same amount" which provided a clue that there was a difference in the percentages of the revenue split.

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum who is perhaps one of the most accommodating people when it comes to the media remained tight-lipped on the status of the negotiations.

In a telephone conversation early Friday morning Arum said “I still can’t talk” even as we mentioned that Golden Boy Promotions Oscar De La Hoya had been quoted extensively as saying both sides were close to a deal although CEO Richard Schaefer said De La Hoya told him he was misquoted.

Arum who clearly doesn’t wish to break a verbal agreement with the handlers of Mayweather not to make any statement regarding the negotiations, told us “I can’t even say that conversations are going on.”

Pacquiao’s adviser Michael Koncz reflected the sentiments of Team Pacquiao when he reportedly said that De La Hoya was the least qualified to talk because he was not even a member of the negotiating panel.

Arum had indicated some weeks ago that he had set aside a November 13 date for a possible Pacquiao fight against Mayweather or some other opponent, dropping the names of Miguel Cotto, Antonio Margarito and even Juan Manuel Marquez as possible opponents.

Both the media and fight fans around the world have pushed the two sides to make the fight happen while the recent public consultation conducted by the Nevada State Athletic Commission effectively downplayed the importance of random blood tests based on expert testimony and indicated it would maintain its current testing methods. The NSAC stand is believed to have made it easier for both sides to come to terms with Mayweather backing off from his earlier demand for random blood tests up to the day of the fight.

Pacquiao had agreed to the 14 day cut-off demanded by Mayweather before the talks on a May 1 fight fell through.


Click here to view a list of other articles written by Ronnie Nathanielsz.


Recent PhilBoxing.com In-House articles:

  • Arizona Boxing News & Notes with Don Smith: Benavidez Closer to Title, Castro Challenges De La Hoya
    By Don Smith, Sat, 27 May 2017
  • Arizona Boxing News & Notes with Don Smith: Benavidez Closer to Title, Castro Challenges De La Hoya
    By Don Smith, Sat, 27 May 2017
  • A BETTER ALTERNATIVE TO A MELINDO VS. PETALCORIN
    By Ed de la Vega, DDS, Sat, 27 May 2017
  • Pacquiao the least alarmed
    By Recah Trinidad, Sat, 27 May 2017
  • "Brave Warriors In Action" PPV weights & quotes
    By , Sat, 27 May 2017
  • SHOWTIME SPORTS® TO OFFER FACEBOOK & YOUTUBE LIVE STREAM OF GROVES vs. CHUDINOV WORLD TITLE FIGHT THIS SATURDAY AS PRELUDE TO BROOK vs. SPENCE
    By , Sat, 27 May 2017
  • KELL BROOK vs. ERROL SPENCE JR. FINAL WEIGHTS
    By , Fri, 26 May 2017
  • JEFF HORN TRIVIA
    By Maloney L. Samaco, Fri, 26 May 2017
  • Former world champion Kermit Cintron battles Tyrone Brunson in a Pennsylvania clash
    By , Fri, 26 May 2017
  • NBA PLAYOFFS -- Warriors heavily favored to win 2017 NBA Finals​
    By Henrick Macalintal, Fri, 26 May 2017
  • 12BET Announced as World Cup of Pool Title Sponsor
    By , Fri, 26 May 2017
  • Roach returns Down Under after 25 years
    By Joaquin Henson, Fri, 26 May 2017
  • Manny Pacquiao in worst form of his career?
    By Eddie Alinea of Spin.ph, Fri, 26 May 2017
  • KELL BROOK vs. ERROL SPENCE JR. FINAL PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES
    By , Fri, 26 May 2017
  • SALUDAR BROS, MINDANAO PROSPECTS IN MANDAUE CITY FIGHT CARD
    By Rene Bonsubre, Jr., Fri, 26 May 2017
  • HOMETOWN HERO RANDY CABALLERO TO PUT NABF SUPER BANTAMWEIGHT TITLE ON THE LINE AGAINST FELLOW UNDEFEATED FIGHTER OSCAR NEGRETE
    By , Fri, 26 May 2017
  • M-1 CHALLENGE 79 WEIGHTS
    By , Fri, 26 May 2017
  • TICKETS NOW ON SALE FOR STACKED JULY 15 HBO BOXING AFTER DARK TRIPLEHEADER AT 'FABULOUS' FORUM
    By , Fri, 26 May 2017
  • FITE TV to stream New England Jr. Middleweight Championship
    By , Fri, 26 May 2017
  • Undefeated Mario Barrios Faces Jose Luis Rodriguez June 11 on FS1
    By , Fri, 26 May 2017
  • ELITE MINDANAO PROSPECTS TO INVADE CEBU ON JUNE 10
    By Dong Secuya, Thu, 25 May 2017
  • ROACH, FORTUNE: "NO REASON TO WORRY"
    By Eddie Alinea of Spin.ph, Thu, 25 May 2017
  • Milendo-Yaegashi IBF world title fight on ABS-CBN S+A
    By , Thu, 25 May 2017
  • UFC's Angela Magana Says She's Suing Cris 'Cyborg' Justino Over Punch Incident (VIDEO)
    By , Thu, 25 May 2017


  •  




     
    PhilBoxing.com has been created to support every aspiring
    Filipino boxer and the Philippine boxing scene in general.
    Please send comments to feedback@philboxing.com


    PRIVATE POLICY | LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    developed and maintained by dong secuya
    © 2017 philboxing.com.