Philippines, 20 May 2026
  Home >> News

 


BOXERS

CURRENT CHAMPIONS 

FORMER CHAMPIONS   

RATINGS                       

NEWS           

FORUM        

FIGHT GALLERIES        

RING CARD GIRLS        


 
 
News  


CONDES CAREER HURT BECAUSE OF PROMOTIONAL SQUABBLE


PhilBoxing.com




IBF minimum weight champion Florante Condes? career is suffering because of a squabble between his promoters ? Bobby Bostick Promotions which has been represented by Cezar Trevino in discussions in Manila ? and Condes? Filipino co-manager Aljoe Jaro.

Despite informing Rod Nazario, the business manager of Condes that they would be coming to Manila to discuss the possibilities of staging the champion?s first title defense in the Philippines as requested by Condes, the Bostick people haven?t shown up neither have they answered any of the email messages sent to them by Aljoe Jaro.

Nazario had planned to help Condes by promoting a rematch with Indonesia?s Muhammad Rachman on November 16 at the Ynares Center in Antipolo. Condes won the title from Rachman by a unanimous decision last July 7 but Trevino said nobody had the right to promote Condes since Bobby Bostick Promotions had a contract to promote his fights worldwide.

Nazario, in disgust, pulled out and indicated he was not interested in talking to the American promoters although he said they insisted on coming over.

Viva Sports/Manila Standard Today learned that Condes received what was considered an onerous contract for a world title fight against Mexico?s minimum weight champion Raul " Rayito" Garcia who has a record of 20-0-1 with 15 KO?s in his hometown of La Paz, Mexico. The purse offered Condes was a mere $17,500 and the fighter was also required to pay the IBF sanction fee. Trevino had earlier said it was to be a non-title bout.

Boxing people have suggested that GAB chairman Eric Buhain stop the exploitation of Condes even though he had signed what they branded a terribly onerous contract and even if Aljoe Jaro told the chairman it was a valid contract which he would honor. Buhain said he said this several times in the presence of Trevino and American co-manager Dante Ortiz.

The feeling is that the GAB is mandated to protect the interest of Filipino boxers and should rule against the enforcement of patently onerous contracts such as the promotional contract with Bobby Bostick Promotions in which Condes was guaranteed a minimum of only $12,500 for his first four fights among other disadvantageous conditions.

Aljoe Jaro told Viva Sports/Manila Standard Today that he wants to go ahead with staging a Condes title defense in the Philippines but would not be able to do so if Games and Amusements Board chairman Eric Buhain refuses to sanction the bout.

GAB boxing division chief Dr. Nasser Cruz told Viva Sports that he believes "it is better for Condes to fight here."


Click here to view a list of other articles written by Ronnie Nathanielsz.


Recent PhilBoxing.com In-House articles:

  • Spotlight on Mexico City: boxers speak ahead of IBA Pro 18
    , Wed, 20 May 2026
  • 2026 NBA Playoffs: Wembanyama Outshines MVP Gilgeous-Alexander as Spurs Beat Thunder 122-115 in Double Overtime Thriller
    By Reylan Loberternos, , Wed, 20 May 2026
  • 0 MUST GO: SELDON JR. vs. POPPER — JUNE 13 AT THE TROP
    , Wed, 20 May 2026
  • CARL “THE COBRA” FROCH REUNITES WITH ANDRE WARD ON ART OF WARD FOR FIRST IN-DEPTH SIT-DOWN SINCE THEIR LEGENDARY SUPER SIX FINAL
    , Wed, 20 May 2026
  • BOXING LEGEND DARREN BARKER ANNOUNCES 'THE LONGEST ROUND' – A WORLD-FIRST ENDURANCE CHALLENGE FOR MEN'S MENTAL HEALTH
    , Wed, 20 May 2026
  • IBA stands ready to organise Jon Jones professional boxing fight in Russia
    , Wed, 20 May 2026
  • USA Boxing Elite High Performance Squad Earns Eight More Wins on Day Two at 2026 Copa America
    , Wed, 20 May 2026
  • QC ends PCAP Season 6 All-Filipino conference campaign
    By Marlon Bernardino, , Wed, 20 May 2026
  • It’s in the blood
    By Joaquin Henson, , Tue, 19 May 2026
  • “The fans will be the true winners” – Angel Ayala ready for IBA PRO 18 in Mexico City
    , Tue, 19 May 2026
  • Rematch option for Melvin
    By Joaquin Henson, , Tue, 19 May 2026
  • World-class stablemates John ‘Scrappy’ Ramirez & Darius ‘DFG’ Fulghum fighting on same card Friday night in San Jose
    , Tue, 19 May 2026
  • Ignacio Defeats Malayan to Claim Title and USD 10,000 Prize
    By Marlon Bernardino, , Tue, 19 May 2026
  • USA Boxing Elite High Performance Squad Dominates Day One of 2026 Copa America with 11-0 Record
    , Tue, 19 May 2026
  • Reina Tellez Returns to the Ring Following World Title Challenge Against Amanda Serrano
    , Mon, 18 May 2026
  • Mombay, Garras top Helubong 50km Uphill Ultra Challenge
    By Lito delos Reyes, , Mon, 18 May 2026
  • Arijan Goricki Knocks Out Hassan Ndonga in Nairobi
    , Mon, 18 May 2026
  • USA Boxing's High Performance Squad Sets Sights on Gold at 2026 Copa America
    , Mon, 18 May 2026
  • Team Sugar Rush wins Sir Jessie Villasin Chess Team 2X2 Tournament
    By Marlon Bernardino, , Mon, 18 May 2026
  • Paolo Gallito, 6 others in the last 16 in Malaysia
    By Marlon Bernardino, , Sun, 17 May 2026
  • Keyshawn Davis Returns Home With Decision Win Over Nahir Albright
    , Sun, 17 May 2026
  • Heartbreak in Johannesburg: Jerusalem Dethroned by Kuse in Bloody Rematch
    By Dong Secuya, , Sun, 17 May 2026
  • Roy Jones Jr. Blasts Dana White and Zuffa’s Push to Reshape Boxing During Explosive “Boxing Primetime Show” Interview
    , Sat, 16 May 2026
  • Weigh-In Results: Keyshawn Davis vs. Nahir Albright II
    , Sat, 16 May 2026
  • Jerusalem vs. Kuse II: High-Stakes Rematch in Johannesburg
    By Dong Secuya, , Sat, 16 May 2026




  •  



     
    PhilBoxing.com has been created to support every aspiring
    Filipino boxer and the Philippine boxing scene in general.
    Please send comments to feedback@philboxing.com


    PRIVATE POLICY | LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    developed and maintained by dong secuya
    © 2026 philboxing.com.