| |
|
There are 173,948 news articles in the database. Displaying articles 170921 to 170940.
The Best Damn Mailbag in Boxing By Isagani Palma, Hard Core Boxing, Sat, 09 Jul 2005 In this edition of the best damn mailbag in boxing we tackle questions on Kostya Tszyu, Manny Pacquiao, Ricky Hatton, HCB's pound for pound list, and much more.
EDWARD EVANS
MIGUEL COTTO, ZAB JUDAH AND JERMAINE TAYLOR SHOULD AT LEASE GET HONORABLE MENTION.
Isaac Barrio
I agree, they Read Full Story >>>Is HBO Still The “King Of Boxing”? By Michael Montero, EastSideBoxing.com, Sat, 09 Jul 2005 There is no denying the fact that HBO has been the king of boxing in the U.S. for years – nobody even came close to competing with them. However other networks have been making noise as of late: NBC with “The Contender”, ESPN and it’s “Friday night fights”, even F Read Full Story >>> PacMan ‘enlightened’ by former manager By Bong Pedralvez, The Manila Times, Fri, 08 Jul 2005 AN “enlightened” Manny Pacquiao emerged from his meeting with former business manager Rod Nazario on Thursday.
“Naliwanagan ako [Everything is clear],” said Pacquiao after he met Nazario, together with his close associates Gerry Garcia, Lito Mondejar and Moy Lainez, behin Read Full Story >>> Pacquiao and Morales to fight on same card? By Emmanuel B. Villaruel, The Freeman, Fri, 08 Jul 2005 Revered American ring strategist Freddie Roach said that there’s a possibility that his ward, Filipino ring star Manny “The Destroyer” Pacquiao, and the latter’s tormentor, Mexican star Erik Morales, will be fighting on the same card.
In an interview by Anthony Evans of bo Read Full Story >>> Negotiations on for Bobby Pacquiao in undercard of Klitschko title fight By Rico Biliran, MindaNews, Thu, 07 Jul 2005 DAVAO CITY -- Negotiations are now underway for newly-crowned World Boxing Council Continental America super featherweight champion Bobby Pacquiao to to fight with an still undetermined foe on the under card of the Vitali Klitschko title fight on September 24 at the Madison Square Garden in New York Read Full Story >>> One on One With Freddie Roach! By Brad Cooney, BoxingTalk.com, Thu, 07 Jul 2005 Boxingtalk just caught up with 2003 trainer of the year Freddie Roach, who provides us with an in depth update on his entire stable. James Toney, Manny Pacquaio, Brian Viloria, and Mike Tyson updates are just a click away. You don't want to miss what Roach has to say about the Manny Pacquaio-Murad M Read Full Story >>> PACQUIAO NOISE: Is Manny Pacquiao headed for disaster? By Pedro Fernandez, RingTalk.com, Thu, 07 Jul 2005 Reason I ask is he is fighting at a weight way too big! The 130 lb. division, it maybe where Marco Antonio Barrera & Erik Morales, the big money fights are. But Manny is a natural flyweight, who was biting off too much of a size disadvantage I thought at 126 lbs. and featherweight. At 130, there is Read Full Story >>> Latest plans for Morales and the Pac-Man By Ant Evans, SecondsOut.com, Thu, 07 Jul 2005 Erik Morales w pts 12 Manny Pacquiao, March 19, 2005, Las Vegas, Nevada, was so thrilling a boxing match that ringsiders at the MGM Grand were talking excitedly about a rematch even before the scorecards had been read out to award Morales his close but deserved victory. Talks between the two camps b Read Full Story >>> Pacquiao eager to fight again By Joaquin Henson, The Philippine Star, Thu, 07 Jul 2005 It’s either the "Flushing Flash" or the "Raging Bull" for Manny Pacquiao in the three-time world boxing champion’s next fight on Sept. 10 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
Pacquiao said Kevin Kelley and Carlos Alberto Hernandez, both former world titlists, are being considered as Read Full Story >>> Pacquiao-Nazario meeting postponed The Manila Bulletin, Thu, 07 Jul 2005 THE one-on-one meeting between boxing icon Manny Pacquiao and his erstwhile business manager Rod Nazario did not materialize yesterday after Pacquiao cancelled at the last minute due to pressing commitments.
Pacquiao, who arrived Tuesday from Los Angeles after accepting an out-of-court settlem Read Full Story >>> PEDEN READY FOR SHOT AT THE BIG TIME Sportinglife.com (UK), Thu, 07 Jul 2005 It has taken Robbie Peden nearly a decade to get to the top in the super-featherweight division, and now he is there he is not going to just drift off without a battle.
Since turning professional in 1996, the Australian has struggled with a problem that is a typical one in boxing. He has always b Read Full Story >>> Australian promoter wants Manny’s bro to fight in Oz By Glenn C. Michelena, Sun.Star Cebu, Thu, 07 Jul 2005 After year of toiling under the shadow of his more illustrious older brother Manny, it looks like Bobby Pacquiao is finally getting the attention he deserves.
William Takataka, an Australian promoter, said he is willing to pay a king’s ransom just to get Pacquiao, who became an overnight s Read Full Story >>> TOP CANADIAN FIGHTER TO TRAIN AT ALA GYM By Salven L. Lagumbay, PhilBoxing.com, Wed, 06 Jul 2005 An 18-year-old former amateur standout from Canada is set to fly to the Philippines and hold training camp at the famed ALA Gym in Cebu in preparation for his plan to throw his hat into the professional ranks.
Joel Mills, who will be fighting either as a welterweight or junior middleweight (147- Read Full Story >>> Forgive and forget, says Pacquiao By Joaquin Henson, The Philippine Star, Wed, 06 Jul 2005 Boxing hero Manny Pacquiao’s back in town and he’s definitely not filing a case against former business manager Rod Nazario.
Pacquiao’s lawyer Judd Burstein was on speaker phone calling from his New York office at the Philippine Sportswriters Association (PSA) Forum yesterday a Read Full Story >>> For Pacquiao, let bygones be bygones By Nick Giongco, The Manila Bulletin, Wed, 06 Jul 2005 Manny Pacquiao is willing to forgive and forget.
Appearing at the weekly PSA Forum at the Pantalan Restaurant five hours after arriving from 16-hour flight from Los Angeles, Pacquiao revealed that he is no longer keen on going after business manager Rod Nazario, who he believed conspired with U Read Full Story >>> Manny to tee off fund drive for AG bets By Abac Cordero, The Philippine Star, Wed, 06 Jul 2005 Manny Pacquiao is in a very good mood these days.
After scoring a big knockout win in his legal battle with American promoter Murad Muhammad, the Filipino boxing hero yesterday announced the staging of the first Manny Pacquiao golf tournament on July 28 in Wack Wack.
The tournament is actual Read Full Story >>> Pacquiao ready to move on By Ronnie Nathanielsz, Manila Standard Today, Wed, 06 Jul 2005 Manny Pacquiao is leaving the past behind as he looks forward to the future.
The 26-year-old Filipino ring sensation said he’s raring to get back in shape and prepare for his comeback fight slated this September following a draining legal battle that saw him accepting an out-of-court settl Read Full Story >>> Pacquiao wants more money? We'll pay says Dib's promoter By Paul Upham, SecondsOut.com, Tue, 05 Jul 2005 Responding to a report on SecondsOut, Australian promoter William Takataka said on Tuesday that he is prepared to pay more money to get Bobby Pacquiao to Sydney to face Billy "the Kid" Dib on July 27. Takataka was adamant that he had been in negotiations with people representing Pacquiao and wants t Read Full Story >>> PACQUIAO vs HAMED... WHAT IF? By Kenny Perrault, braggingrightscorner.com, Tue, 05 Jul 2005 The featherweight division missed a potential "Super Fight" by only a few years. The fight would have featured two southpaws with the kind of explosive power that can end any fight with just one blink of the eye. The two men I am talking about are Manny Pacquiao and "Prince" Naseem Hamed.
Love o Read Full Story >>> Burstein ready to fly here, show evidence By Joaquin Henson, The Philippine Star, Tue, 05 Jul 2005 Three-time world boxing champion Manny Pacquiao’s high-powered New York lawyer Judd Burstein, known as a defender of the oppressed, said recently he’s willing to fly to Manila and share with Philippine authorities the evidence of shenanigans he uncovered in the course of a case filed aga Read Full Story >>>
|
|
|
|
|