| |
|
There are 175,134 news articles in the database. Displaying articles 47601 to 47620.
MCCASKILL TO MAKE HISTORY WHILE HEADLINING NEXT WINDY CITY FIGHT NIGHT ON SATURDAY, JULY 29 PhilBoxing.com, Thu, 08 Jun 2017

On Saturday, July 29, 2017, at the UIC Pavilion in Chicago, Warriors Boxing Promotions returns with a very special edition of their "Windy City Fight Night" professional boxing series, and for the first time in Illinois b Read Full Story >>>Olympian Nico Hernandez had boxing float In Wichita's Riverfest Sundance Festival parade PhilBoxing.com, Thu, 08 Jun 2017

Airing live on CBS Sports Network from Hartman Arena in Kansas
PARK CITY, Kansas (June 7, 2017) - Team Hernandez, featuring Wichita-native Nico Hernandez (1-0, 1 KO), a 2016 Olympic bronze medalist, entered a boxing fl Read Full Story >>> Ronda Rousey Crushes 'Battle' Obstacle Course, Friends Not So Much PhilBoxing.com, Thu, 08 Jun 2017 TMZ SPORTS -- Ronda Rousey has already mastered the "Battle of the Network Stars" obstacle course -- but her friends ... well, they BOTH ended up in the water pit during a test run on the L.A. set.
TMZ Sports has footage of the UFC legend coaching two women (we're told they're her friends) as th Read Full Story >>> Knockout may be Sergey Kovalev's only route to defeating Andre Ward By Lance Pugmire, Los Angeles Times, Thu, 08 Jun 2017 Sergey Kovalev said he intends to ?punish? Andre Ward in their June 17 rematch at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.
He better do more than that.
The former three-belt light-heavyweight champion from Russia either needs to knock out Oakland?s new champion Ward, or face a fate crueler than Ward?s narro Read Full Story >>> Jackson, Kovalev: Our Team is Stronger; Ward's Ploy Didn't Work By Keith Idec, Boxing Base, Thu, 08 Jun 2017 John David Jackson and Sergey Kovalev contend that the ?mind games? they think Andre Ward and his handlers have played recently have only made their team stronger.
Jackson, Kovalev?s trainer, and Kovalev confirmed during a conference call Tuesday that they spoke last week after news spread regard Read Full Story >>> Magsayo to defend title vs Nicaraguan By Josef T. Ramos, The Manila Times, Thu, 08 Jun 2017 Reigning World Boxing Organization (WBO) International featherweight champion Mark ?Magnifico? Magsayo will defend his title on July 8 against Nicaraguan challenger Daniel Diaz at the IEC Convention Center in Mabolo, Cebu City.
Known as a knockout artist, the 21-year-old Magsayo wants to follow t Read Full Story >>> Canelo delay could be perfect timing or potentially playing into Golovkin?s hands World Boxing News, Thu, 08 Jun 2017 Prior to his victory over Danny Jacobs in March, Gennady Golovkin?s fearsome reputation was at an all-time high as Canelo Alvarez bided his time before eventually agreeing to a high-profile meeting.
Golovkin had ram-rodded through every opponent he?d faced for almost a decade until American warri Read Full Story >>> Team ?Krusher? Media Call By Caryn A. Tate, Boxing.com, Wed, 07 Jun 2017 ?He need to prove, not me. I will get in the ring and kick his ass?I want to punish him and get my belts back??
Sergey ?Krusher? Kovalev (30-1-1, 26 KOs) was joined by head trainer John David Jackson, manager Egis Klimas, and promoter Kathy Duva of Main Events for a media conference call on Tuesd Read Full Story >>> Sergey Kovalev's racist rants: Ward motivated to silence Russian By Lee Cleveland , Fight Saga, Wed, 07 Jun 2017 Two weeks ahead of their June 17 rematch superfight showdown, Andre Ward sounded off on Sergey Kovalev last week.
In response to allegations about Kovalev being a racist, Ward told FightHype, "There's no sugarcoating it. It is what it is"
"When he's had opportunities to recant, he's pressed ha Read Full Story >>> Jackson: Ward Should Stop Holding; Should Stand & Fight Kovalev By Keith Idec, BoxingScene.com, Wed, 07 Jun 2017 Sergey Kovalev and his trainer, John David Jackson, insist it is Andre Ward, not Kovalev, that has something to prove in their rematch.
Ward won their light heavyweight title fight November 19 in Las Vegas, but Kovalev and Jackson think Kovalev deservedly has received more credit than Ward for th Read Full Story >>> Gary Russell Jr: ?I?m going to knock Lomachenko out or stop him. This fight is personal!? By Jenna Jay, OTR Boxing Radio, Wed, 07 Jun 2017 Gary Russell Jr. is the reigning WBC featherweight champion the world with a current boxing record of 28-1 (17 KO?s). The only loss in his career is against two division champion, Vasyl Lomachenko, a fight that was competitive, but a clear defeat for Russell Jr. Since that fight, Lomachenko has esta Read Full Story >>> Tyson Fury kicked while he's down as IBF grant exception for Joshua v Klitschko II World Boxing News, Wed, 07 Jun 2017 British fans will remember all too well the last time the IBF had a big decision to make regarding the heavyweight division.
Rewind back to December 2015 and reigning champion Tyson Fury was in the midst of celebrating his greatest night having defeated Wladimir Klitschko to capture four versions Read Full Story >>> JERUSALEM, CATARAJA RETURN TO ACTION ON PINOY PRIDE 41 By Dong Secuya, PhilBoxing.com, Wed, 07 Jun 2017
 Jerusalem (L) and Cataraja (R).
CEBU ? World title challenger and WBC No. 3 ranked minimumweight Melvin 'Gringo' Jerusalem and undefeated flyweight Kevin Jake Cataraja will return to action on the undercard of Read Full Story >>> Kovalev: Stevenson Fights Uber Drivers, Guys He Knows He Can Beat By Keith Idec, BoxingScene.com, Wed, 07 Jun 2017 Sergey Kovalev couldn?t resist taking a shot Tuesday at longtime light heavyweight rival Adonis Stevenson.
A reporter asked Kovalev on a conference call for his rematch with Andre Ward if Stevenson remains on his ?radar.? The former IBF/WBA/WBO light heavyweight champion didn?t actually answer th Read Full Story >>> Andre Ward confirms Sergey Kovalev's trainer reached out about switching teams By Brian Campbell, CBS Sports, Wed, 07 Jun 2017 The promotional build ahead of the light heavyweight championship rematch between Andre Ward and Sergey Kovalev has been largely pedestrian outside of general trash talk surrounding Ward's contested decision victory last November.
But things have suddenly heated up over the past week in an unexp Read Full Story >>> Oscar De La Hoya says he'll take 'high road' in battle with Dana White By Steven Muehlhausen, SportingNews.com, Wed, 07 Jun 2017 Oscar De La Hoya has responded to Dana White's comments blasting "The Golden Boy" for criticizing the potential Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather bout as a "black eye" for boxing.
De La Hoya's response came Monday when he announced the Sept. 16 fight between Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin. Read Full Story >>> Anthony "Juice" Young looking for 6th straight victory when he takes on George Sosa in co-feature this Saturday at The Claridge in Atlantic City PhilBoxing.com, Wed, 07 Jun 2017

Thomas "Cornflake" LaManna to battle 54-fight veteran Carlos Winston Velasquez in main event
Atlantic City, NJ (June 6, 2017)--Popular native son, welterweight Anthony "Juice" Young will look for his 6th consecutive win wh Read Full Story >>> TENNYSON FACES DOYLE FOR WBA INTERNATIONAL STRAP PhilBoxing.com, Wed, 07 Jun 2017 Belfast ace welcomes Manchester man on Saturday night
SAN DIEGO (JUNE 6, 2017) James Tennyson feels he's above domestic level - and says he'll prove that on Saturday when he faces Ryan Doyle for the WBA International Super-Featherweight title at the SSE Arena Belfast, live on AWE- A Wealth of Ent Read Full Story >>> LA17 World Police & Fire Games Partners with 1992 Olympic Gold Medalist and Local Legend Oscar De La Hoya and Golden Boy Promotions PhilBoxing.com, Wed, 07 Jun 2017 LOS ANGELES (June 6, 2017) From Monday, August 7 to Wednesday, August 16, 2017, Los Angeles will host the World Police & Fire Games (WPFG) with Opening Ceremonies at the LA Memorial Coliseum. More than 8,000 athletes, all active or retired Police Officers or Firefighters, from over 70 countries wil Read Full Story >>> TAR HEEL THROWDOWN: TITLES ON THE LINE AS "FIGHTNIGHT LIVE" ON FACEBOOK HEADS TO RALEIGH ON SATURDAY, JULY 29 PhilBoxing.com, Wed, 07 Jun 2017 Fourth official date announced for fan-friendly, interactive live fight series which drew 43,000 views for May pilot.
RALEIGH, N.C. (June 6, 2017) - The momentum continues to build for FIGHTNIGHT LIVE on Facebook, as the series announces its second new date this week, and this time hardware will Read Full Story >>>
|
|
|
|
|