Philippines, 20 May 2026
  Home >> News

 


BOXERS

CURRENT CHAMPIONS 

FORMER CHAMPIONS   

RATINGS                       

NEWS           

FORUM        

FIGHT GALLERIES        

RING CARD GIRLS        


 
 
News  


SPORTS SHORTS 6: PACQUIAO PLANS TWO REAL FIGHTS, MAYWEATHER TARGETS EXHIBITION MATCHES IN 2021


PhilBoxing.com




Manny Pacquiao is planning to engage in two fights next year 2021, but the earliest could be in the month of April. He thinks he can fight twice in 2021, however there are adjustments to be made until such time he may be able to go back into action in the ring. His duties as a Senator in the Philippines and all his other political commitments will prevent him from taking part in any fight in the first few months of the new year.

* * *

“We still have sessions in March so there’s no way I am going to fight during that time,” Pacquiao was quoted by the Daily Tribune. DAZN News reported that a scheduled fight in April fight would make him wait for another eight months to engage in a second fight next year, and Pacquiao affirmed it saying, “I think I can do two next year."

* * *

The 42-year-old eight-division world champion has been rumored to fight UFC star Conor McGregor, but the MMA fighter will face Dustin Poirier on January 23 next year at the UFC Fight Island facility in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Other opponents considered are former four-division world champion Mikey Garcia, IBF and WBC world welterweight champion Errol Spence Jr. and WBO world welterweight champion Terence Crawford.

* * *

Jayke Joson, special assistant to Senator Pacquiao was quoted by The Guardian that both Pacquiao and McGregor are “getting ready for this one epic last boxing fight”. Joson added that a “huge portion” of Pacquiao’s earnings would go to those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The coronavirus pandemic could be a big stumbling block for Pacquiao's next fight because it limits the number of fans attending the sporting events. With the huge amount involved in a Pacquiao fight, promoters and boxers would just wait for the new normal for it to become more profitable to stage a big fight.

* * *

Choi Garcia, one of the Senator 's aides, believes that aside from money there are other reasons to wait for the return of the large audience. "I just don’t see him fighting without any crowd involvement,” Garcia said. " He draws energy from the crowd. No one knows when his next fight will be.”

* * *

Former five division champion Floyd Mayweather, 43-years-old, will fight an exhibition bout with Youtube star Logan Paul. The exhibition bout with Paul, 25-years-old, will take place on February 20 next year on pay-per-view. The event is financed by Fanmio, a company that links fans with their favorite celebrities. Fanmio's business venture is inspired by the Triller app, which bankrolled last month's successful pay-per-view exhibition between heavyweight boxing legends Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr. The Tyson-Jones PPV was a huge financial success with over 1.5 million buys.

* * *

Solomon Engel, Founder and CEO of Fanmio, told The Sun: "I can't speak for Floyd's future but I can tell you we are looking to work together beyond this fight...Floyd's very excited for the fight [with Paul]. He sees some big opportunities here, and I don't want to speak for him but I think we all feel this could be a very historical fight and a number of different levels."

* * *

Engel added that "Anyone that Floyd faces will bring a lot of eyeballs and a lot of interest... Fanmio is a new division of boxing. We are taking this very seriously and we are already working through other really exciting events... We are definitely taking the more untraditional approach, meaning we are trying to create the most exciting fights that would generate in the millions of PPVs. We have a handful of very exciting fights to come."

* * *

Logan Paul is an American YouTuber, internet personality, actor, and boxer. He created the Logan Paul Vlogs channel on August 29, 2015, and among the channels he created it became his most subscribed YouTube channel. As of September 2020, the channel has over 22 million subscribers and 4.8 billion views, ranking as the 54th most subscribed in the United States, and placing him among the top 140 subscribed channels on YouTube.

* * *

British YouTuber KSI challenged Paul to an exhibition boxing match. The fight ended in a majority draw, with two judges scoring the fight even at 57–57 and a third judge had it 58–57 in for KSI. Paul then made his professional boxing debut in a rematch against KSI, and it was shown exclusively on DAZN in the U.S. The fight happened on November 9, 2019 at the Staples Center, Los Angeles, California. The rematch which covered six three minute rounds, had KSI as winner via split decision, with two judges scoring the fight 57–54 and 56–55 for KSI, and one judge saw it 56–55 for Paul.


Click here to view a list of other articles written by Maloney L. Samaco.


Recent PhilBoxing.com In-House articles:

  • 0 MUST GO: SELDON JR. vs. POPPER — JUNE 13 AT THE TROP
    , Wed, 20 May 2026
  • CARL “THE COBRA” FROCH REUNITES WITH ANDRE WARD ON ART OF WARD FOR FIRST IN-DEPTH SIT-DOWN SINCE THEIR LEGENDARY SUPER SIX FINAL
    , Wed, 20 May 2026
  • BOXING LEGEND DARREN BARKER ANNOUNCES 'THE LONGEST ROUND' – A WORLD-FIRST ENDURANCE CHALLENGE FOR MEN'S MENTAL HEALTH
    , Wed, 20 May 2026
  • IBA stands ready to organise Jon Jones professional boxing fight in Russia
    , Wed, 20 May 2026
  • USA Boxing Elite High Performance Squad Earns Eight More Wins on Day Two at 2026 Copa America
    , Wed, 20 May 2026
  • QC ends PCAP Season 6 All-Filipino conference campaign
    By Marlon Bernardino, , Wed, 20 May 2026
  • It’s in the blood
    By Joaquin Henson, , Tue, 19 May 2026
  • “The fans will be the true winners” – Angel Ayala ready for IBA PRO 18 in Mexico City
    , Tue, 19 May 2026
  • Rematch option for Melvin
    By Joaquin Henson, , Tue, 19 May 2026
  • World-class stablemates John ‘Scrappy’ Ramirez & Darius ‘DFG’ Fulghum fighting on same card Friday night in San Jose
    , Tue, 19 May 2026
  • Ignacio Defeats Malayan to Claim Title and USD 10,000 Prize
    By Marlon Bernardino, , Tue, 19 May 2026
  • USA Boxing Elite High Performance Squad Dominates Day One of 2026 Copa America with 11-0 Record
    , Tue, 19 May 2026
  • Reina Tellez Returns to the Ring Following World Title Challenge Against Amanda Serrano
    , Mon, 18 May 2026
  • Mombay, Garras top Helubong 50km Uphill Ultra Challenge
    By Lito delos Reyes, , Mon, 18 May 2026
  • Arijan Goricki Knocks Out Hassan Ndonga in Nairobi
    , Mon, 18 May 2026
  • USA Boxing's High Performance Squad Sets Sights on Gold at 2026 Copa America
    , Mon, 18 May 2026
  • Team Sugar Rush wins Sir Jessie Villasin Chess Team 2X2 Tournament
    By Marlon Bernardino, , Mon, 18 May 2026
  • Paolo Gallito, 6 others in the last 16 in Malaysia
    By Marlon Bernardino, , Sun, 17 May 2026
  • Keyshawn Davis Returns Home With Decision Win Over Nahir Albright
    , Sun, 17 May 2026
  • Heartbreak in Johannesburg: Jerusalem Dethroned by Kuse in Bloody Rematch
    By Dong Secuya, , Sun, 17 May 2026
  • Roy Jones Jr. Blasts Dana White and Zuffa’s Push to Reshape Boxing During Explosive “Boxing Primetime Show” Interview
    , Sat, 16 May 2026
  • Weigh-In Results: Keyshawn Davis vs. Nahir Albright II
    , Sat, 16 May 2026
  • Jerusalem vs. Kuse II: High-Stakes Rematch in Johannesburg
    By Dong Secuya, , Sat, 16 May 2026
  • Hometown Hero Edward Vazquez Returns to ProBoxTV on Friday, June 5, to Face Mexico’s Daniel Lugo in the 10-round Main Event of ‘The Contender Series’ at University of Texas in Arlington
    , Sat, 16 May 2026
  • AQ Prime to host 2 big tournaments
    By Marlon Bernardino, , Sat, 16 May 2026




  •  



     
    PhilBoxing.com has been created to support every aspiring
    Filipino boxer and the Philippine boxing scene in general.
    Please send comments to feedback@philboxing.com


    PRIVATE POLICY | LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    developed and maintained by dong secuya
    © 2026 philboxing.com.