Philippines, 19 Feb 2026
  Home >> News

 


BOXERS

CURRENT CHAMPIONS 

FORMER CHAMPIONS   

RATINGS                       

NEWS           

FORUM        

FIGHT GALLERIES        

RING CARD GIRLS        


 
 
News  


IF PACQUIAO INSISTS ON 60-40, THE HATTON FIGHT IS OFF


PhilBoxing.com


If Filipino boxing icon Manny Pacquiao insists on a 60-40 sharing of revenues in the planned May 2 Las Vegas showdown against Britain ?s Ricky ?The Hitman? Hatton then the fight is off.

That was the curt response of Hatton?s father, Ray Hatton, in an overseas telephone conversation with www.insidesports.ph, Standard Today and Viva Sports early Tuesday morning, Manila Time.

Hatton indicated he was surprised by the statement of Pacquiao?s lawyer, Atty. Franklin ?Jeng? Gacal that they wouldn?t settle for anything other than a 60-40 revenue split in favor of Pacquiao.

Gacal made the statement in an interview with Dyan Castillejo of ABS-CBN on arrival from Los Angeles on Monday morning along with Pacquiao and his three children.

Hatton said ?I heard a couple of hours ago that the issue had been resolved? even as Hatton?s lawyer Gareth Williams insisted in a conversation with Telegraph Sport that they ?already had a verbal agreement from Pacquiao?s promoter Bob Arum that it would be a 50-50 split for the contest.?

The Hatton legal counsel made it clear ?we have said all along that that is all we are prepared to do and Arum has agreed to the equal share.?

Ray Hatton pointed out ?obviously Ricky brings as much to the table if not more? than Pacquiao, pointing to the huge TV audiences in Britain and all over Europe for a Hatton fight.

In response to 60-40 demand, Ray Hatton told us ? if that?s the case, well the fight is not going to take place? indicating that Hatton had ?other options? adding ?we can put a fight here against another opponent in May in front of 80,000 people.?

He claimed there were three or four other fighters ?lining up to fight Ricky because that?s where the payday is.?

Hatton?s father said that if the Pacquiao fight is in jeopardy they could ?always take another direction and factor in a gate like that? to make it a truly worthwhile proposition for the British IBO light welterweight champion.

Gacal mentioned the possibility of a Pacquiao fight against Floyd Mayweather Jr should the Hatton fight fall through but the Hatton camp has also claimed that Mayweather Jr had sounded them out on a possible rematch.

Ray Hatton believes that while Mayweather is ?on top of the mix it's not a fight Manny would like because styles make fights? indicating that a Pacquiao-Hatton showdown would be a far better fight and a bigger attraction.

www.insidesports.ph, Standard Today and Viva Sports was able to contact Arum late Monday New York time which was Tuesday in Manila and the astute Top Rank promoter said Gacal was ?trying to get a bigger guarantee.?

Arum disclosed he had spoken to Pacquiao?s lawyer and told us there was ?no problem on the split and it will be worked out.?

Arum had guaranteed Pacquiao $11 million for the December 6 megabuck fight with Oscar De La Hoya with Pacquiao taking a 35 percent share to De La Hoya?s 65 percent and still earning a bigger amount than the guarantee because of the revenue from pay-per-view buys of some 1.4 million.


Click here to view a list of other articles written by Ronnie Nathanielsz.


Recent PhilBoxing.com In-House articles:

  • TRAINING CAMP NOTES: Dainier Pero Locked In Ahead of WBA Continental USA Title Defense in Orlando
    , Wed, 18 Feb 2026
  • A Milestone Birthday: Celebrating Brico Santig's 50 Years of Dedication, and Triumph
    By Carlos Costa, , Wed, 18 Feb 2026
  • PH bet Chezka Centeno finishes 2nd in Florida
    By Marlon Bernardino, , Wed, 18 Feb 2026
  • ARNOLD BARBOZA JR. AND KENNETH SIMS JR. SET FOR HIGH-STAKES CLASH IN CAN’T-MISS MAIN EVENT ON DAZN
    , Wed, 18 Feb 2026
  • CALLUM SMITH VS DAVID MORRELL MEGA FIGHT SET FOR APRIL 18 IN LIVERPOOL AS PAT BROWN HEADLINES IN HIS HOMETOWN ON APRIL 3
    , Wed, 18 Feb 2026
  • 2026 USA Boxing Youth High Performance Selection Camp Attendees Announced
    , Wed, 18 Feb 2026
  • Rapid chessfest gets underway February 22
    By Marlon Bernardino, , Wed, 18 Feb 2026
  • THE PAST WEEK IN ACTION 16 FEBRUARY 2026: Ajagba, Dzambekov, Ruiz Register Stoppage Wins in Zuffa Event
    By Eric Armit, , Tue, 17 Feb 2026
  • Mexican government and WBC join forces to create mega-project “Boxing for Peace”
    By Gabriel F. Cordero, , Tue, 17 Feb 2026
  • All eyes on GM Johan-Sebastian Christiansen in Manny Pacquiao International Open dubbed as 87th Kalilangan Chess Festival 2026
    By Marlon Bernardino, , Tue, 17 Feb 2026
  • WBC Champion Mario “El Azteca” Barrios Locked in for Ryan Garcia Showdown February 21 at T-Mobile Arena
    , Tue, 17 Feb 2026
  • Dana White mocks traditional boxing promoters: "No contest, it's like hitting babies"
    By Gabriel F. Cordero, , Tue, 17 Feb 2026
  • LEIGH WOOD OUTLINES PLAN OF ATTACK FOR SOLD OUT REMATCH AGAINST JOSH WARRINGTON
    , Tue, 17 Feb 2026
  • Cain Velasquez released from a California State prison
    By Gabriel F. Cordero, , Tue, 17 Feb 2026
  • Patrick Rivera wins Pacman's Cue Club 10-Ball Tournament; pockets P100,000
    By Marlon Bernardino, , Tue, 17 Feb 2026
  • Undefeated Brooklyn heavyweight Pryce Taylor Fighting again in Detroit this Sunday on Claressa Shields’ card
    , Tue, 17 Feb 2026
  • TRAINING CAMP NOTES Gabriela Tellez Ready to Make a Statement This Friday in Orlando
    , Tue, 17 Feb 2026
  • Rapista wins WBC Far East Silver super flyweight title
    By Lito delos Reyes, , Mon, 16 Feb 2026
  • IM Christian Gian Karlo Tade-Arca faces tough competition in Manny Pacquiao International Open dubbed as 87th Kalilangan Chess Festival 2026
    By Marlon Bernardino, , Mon, 16 Feb 2026
  • Efe Ajagba vs Charles Martin: Zuffa Heavyweights Square Off on Sunday
    By Chris Carlson, , Sun, 15 Feb 2026
  • “The Nightmare” Back in Action: Oguni vs Tapales April 3 in Japan
    By Carlos Costa, , Sun, 15 Feb 2026
  • Cold Comfort: Tapales and Vitor Frozen Out in Moscow Heartbreaker
    By Dong Secuya, , Sat, 14 Feb 2026
  • WBC Celebrates 63 years of dedication to the sports and fighters
    By Gabriel F. Cordero, , Sat, 14 Feb 2026
  • BOXING STARS FROM AROUND THE WORLD LINING UP FOR 2026 HALL OF FAME WEEKEND IN "BOXING’S HOMETOWN"
    , Sat, 14 Feb 2026
  • Filipino Boxers Make Weight in Brico Santig's Valentine's Show in Thailand
    By Carlos Costa, , Sat, 14 Feb 2026




  •  



     
    PhilBoxing.com has been created to support every aspiring
    Filipino boxer and the Philippine boxing scene in general.
    Please send comments to feedback@philboxing.com


    PRIVATE POLICY | LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    developed and maintained by dong secuya
    © 2026 philboxing.com.