UFC FIGHT NIGHT SINGAPORE: COWBOY VS EDWARDS PRESENTED BY AIRASIA PRELIMINARY BOUTS TO BE STREAMED LIVE ON FACEBOOK
Thu, 21 Jun 2018
UFC®, the world's premier mixed martial arts organization returns to Southeast Asia for UFC® FIGHT NIGHT SINGAPORE: COWBOY VS EDWARDS presented by AirAsia, this Saturday, June 23, at the Singapore Indoor Stadium.
Fans in Southeast Asia can look forward to streaming five preliminary bouts live on the UFC Asia Facebook page, Facebook.com/UFCAsia, while fans in Japan can catch the last four prelim bouts live on Facebook.com/UFCJP.
Prelim livestream begins from 4.30pm (SGT) on June 23, and will be available for 72hrs on Video On Demand via Facebook.
Fans across Southeast Asia can enjoy five early prelim bouts, including:
· Korean striker Ji 'Fire Fist' Yeon-Kim (7-1-2, fighting out of Incheon, South Korea) will face off against Melinda Fabian (4-3-2, fighting out of Budapest, Hungary) in a women's flyweight showdown
· In a flyweight bout, Jenel Lausa (7-4, fighting out of Manila, Philippines) faces Ulka Sasaki (20-5-2, fighting out of Shizuoka, Japan), with each athlete hungry for a dominant win
· Submission specialist Matt Schnell (11-4, fighting out of Shreveport, Louisiana, USA) takes on 20-year-old undefeated prospect Naoki Inoue (11-0, fighting out of Toyohashi, Japan) in a flyweight match-up
· Chinese striker Yan Xiaonan (8-1, fighting out of Beijing, China) is looking to score her second consecutive win in the Octagon® against strawweight contender Viviane "Sucuri" Pereira De Oliveira (13-1-0, fighting out of Fortaleza, Ceatra Brazil)
· Powerful Japanese striker Shinsho Anzai (10-2, fighting out of Tokyo, Japan) will face “The Celtic Kid” Jake Matthews (13-3, fighting out of Epping, Victoria, Australia) who is looking to build on his 2-fight winning streak in the welterweight division
The main card will also be made available in Southeast Asia on FOX Sports Asia:
· China’s biggest MMA star and welterweight prospect Li “Leech” Jingliang (14-5, fighting out of Beijing, China) will return to Singapore to face Japan’s Judo specialist, Daichi Abe (6-1, fighting out of Tokyo, Japan)
· No. 9-ranked women’s flyweight Jessica Rose Clark (8-4, fighting out of Innisfail, Australia) is looking to start her UFC career with three wins in a row as she faces no. 10-ranked Jessica Eye (12-6, fighting out of Cleveland, Ohio, USA)
· No. 8-ranked knockout-ace Ovince Saint Preux (22-11, fighting out of Knoxville, Tennessee, USA) will face rising Australian star Tyson Pedro (7-1, fighting out of Sydney, Australia) in a light heavyweight showdown
· No. 11-ranked Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone (33-10-0, fighting out of Albuquerque, New Mexico) will face No. 14 ranked rising British star, Leon 'Rocky' Edwards (14-3, fighting out of Birmingham, England) in the Welterweight headliner
In addition to watching the first five prelim bouts live on Facebook, fans in the Philippines can also catch the four remaining prelim bouts and the main card live on Cignal’s Hyper TV.
In Japan, the last four prelim bouts will be streamed on Facebook.com/UFCJP:
· Rapid striker Song ‘The Assassin’ Kenan (13-4-0, fighting out of Tangshan, Hebei, China) will look to secure his second consecutive welterweight win against UFC debutant and The Ultimate Fighter Latin America contender Héctor Aldana (4-1, fighting out of Mexico) in the Octagon®
· Filipino favourite Rolando DY (9-6-1, 1NC, fighting out of Paranaque City, Philippines) will be up against Shane 'Sugar' Young (11-4-0, fighting out of Auckland, New Zealand) in a featherweight clash
· Up and coming Chinese prospect Song Yadong (10-3-0, 2NC, fighting out of Heilongjiang, China) will make his bantamweight debut in a showdown against Felipe ‘Sertanejo’ Arantes (18-9-1, 2NC, fighting out of Sao Paulo, Brazil)
· Dynamic athlete Teruto ‘Yashabo’ Ishihara (11-5-2, fighting out of Osaka, Japan) will continue his bantamweight pursuit in a bout against UFC debutant and bright Russian prospect, Petr ‘No Mercy’ Yan (8-1, fighting out of Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia).
The entire card is also available on UFC® FIGHT PASS and live sports streaming platform, DAZN.
For the latest card information or current fight news, please visit UFC.com. Bouts are subject to change.
Tickets to a thrilling night of sporting action at UFC® FIGHT NIGHT SINGAPORE: COWBOY VS EDWARDS presented by AirAsia are pried at S$378, S$268, S$198, S$148, S$98, S$68 and S$48 (prices do not include booking fee). Tickets are available for purchase online at www.sportshubtix.sg, the Singapore Indoor Stadium Box Office, Sports Hub Tix Outlets, all SingPost locations, and by calling Sports Hub Tix Hotline at +65 3158 7888.
Additionally, fans can opt for limited UFC VIP Experience packages ranging from $888 for Super VIP to S$2,888 for Owners VVIP, with the very best Octagon-side floor seats. All packages include exclusive VIP hospitality in the VIP Lounge, where fans have access to photo opportunities with UFC guest fighters and the Championship Belt. Select packages include a private ‘Inside the Octagon’ Tour and access to the Official. After-Party.
Follow us on Facebook (UFC Asia), Twitter and Instagram (@ufc), and use our official hashtag: #UFCSINGAPORE
Click here to view a list of other articles written by .
Recent PhilBoxing.com In-House articles:
PhilBoxing.com has been created to support every aspiring
Filipino boxer and the Philippine boxing scene in general.
Please send comments to email@example.com