UFC STARS WOW FANS AT OPEN WORKOUT AHEAD OF UFC FIGHT NIGHT SINGAPORE 2018
Wed, 20 Jun 2018
Singapore – UFC legend Donald ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone, rising star Leon ‘Rocky’ Edwards and women’s flyweight contender Jessica Rose-Clark wowed a crowd of excited fans in an open workout at OCBC Square, Singapore Sports Hub, ahead of this Saturday’s UFC® FIGHT NIGHT SINGAPORE: COWBOY VS EDWARDS presented by AirAsia, taking place at the Singapore Indoor Stadium.
Also showing off their training repertoire were co-main light heavyweight athletes No.7-ranked knockout-ace Ovince Saint Preux, No.12-ranked Tyson Pedro, as well as No. 10-ranked Jessica Eye, who impressed the crowd with spectacular take downs and grapple.
Hosted by former UFC athlete, commentator and analyst Dan Hardy, the session saw UFC stars demonstrate basic Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) techniques and combinations, before answering questions from the passionate crowd.
UFC®, the world’s premier MMA organization, will host the first in a trilogy multi-year live event agreement this Saturday, June 23 at the Singapore indoor Stadium.
Tickets to a thrilling night of sporting action at UFC® FIGHT NIGHT SINGAPORE: COWBOY VS EDWARDS presented by AirAsia are priced at S$378, S$268, S$198, S$148, S$98, S$68 and S$48 (prices do not include booking fee). Tickets are now available for purchase online at www.sportshubtix.sg, the Singapore Indoor Stadium Box Office, Sports Hub Tix Outlets, all SingPost locations, and by calling Sports Hub Tix Hotline at +65 3158 7888.
Additionally, fans can opt for limited UFC VIP Experience packages ranging from $888 for Super VIP to S$2,888 for Owners VVIP, with the very best Octagon-side floor seats. All packages include exclusive VIP hospitality in the VIP Lounge, where fans have access to photo opportunities with UFC guest fighters and the Championship Belt. Select packages include a private ‘Inside the Octagon’ Tour and access to the Official. After-Party.
UFC® FIGHT NIGHT SINGAPORE: COWBOY VS EDWARDS presented by AirAsia will air live on Saturday, June 23 at 8PM (local time, SGT) with prelims starting at 4:30AM (local time, SGT). Fans in Southeast Asia can look forward to catching to five early prelim bouts live on Facebook.com/UFCAsia, and the remaining bouts and main card events on UFC® FIGHT PASS, FOX Sports Asia, Cignal’s Hyper TV, and DAZN.
Updated fight card can be found here:
· No. 11-ranked Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone (33-10-0, fighting out of Albuquerque, New Mexico) will face No. 14 ranked rising British star, Leon 'Rocky' Edwards (14-3, fighting out of Birmingham, England) in the Welterweight headliner
· No. 8-ranked knockout-ace Ovince Saint Preux (22-11, fighting out of Knoxville, Tennessee, USA) will face rising Australian star Tyson Pedro (7-1, fighting out of Sydney, Australia) in a light heavyweight showdown
· Powerful Japanese striker Shinsho Anzai (10-2, fighting out of Tokyo, Japan) will face “The Celtic Kid” Jake Matthews (13-3, fighting out of Epping, Victoria, Australia) who is looking to build on his 2-fight winning streak in the welterweight division
· No. 9-ranked women’s flyweight Jessica Rose Clark (8-4, fighting out of Innisfail, Australia) is looking to start her UFC career with three wins in a row as she faces no. 10-ranked Jessica Eye (12-6, fighting out of Cleveland, Ohio, USA)
· In a flyweight bout, Jenel Lausa (7-4, fighting out of Manila, Philippines) faces Ulka Sasaki (20-5-2, fighting out of Shizuoka, Japan), with each athlete hungry for a dominant win
· Submission specialist Matt Schnell (11-4, fighting out of Shreveport, Louisiana, USA) takes on 20-year-old undefeated prospect Naoki Inoue (11-0, fighting out of Toyohashi, Japan) in a flyweight match-up
· Chinese striker Yan Xiaonan (8-1, fighting out of Beijing, China) is looking to score her second consecutive win in the Octagon® against strawweight contender Viviane "Sucuri" Pereira De Oliveira (13-1-0, fighting out of Fortaleza, Ceatra Brazil)
· China’s biggest MMA star and welterweight prospect Li “Leech” Jingliang (14-5, fighting out of Beijing, China) will return to Singapore to face Japan’s Judo specialist, Daichi Abe (6-1, fighting out of Tokyo, Japan)
· Up and coming Chinese prospect Song Yadong (10-3-0, 2NC, fighting out of Heilongjiang, China) will make his bantamweight debut in a showdown against Felipe ‘Sertanejo’ Arantes (18-9-1, 2NC, fighting out of Sao Paulo, Brazil)
· Rapid striker Song ‘The Assassin’ Kenan (13-4-0, fighting out of Tangshan, Hebei, China) will look to secure his second consecutive welterweight win against UFC debutant and The Ultimate Fighter Latin America contender Héctor Aldana (4-1, fighting out of Mexico) in the Octagon®
· Dynamic athlete Teruto ‘Yashabo’ Ishihara (11-5-2, fighting out of Osaka, Japan) will continue his bantamweight pursuit in a bout against UFC debutant and bright Russian prospect, Petr ‘No Mercy’ Yan (8-1, fighting out of Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia).
· Korean striker Ji 'Fire Fist' Yeon-Kim (7-1-2, fighting out of Incheon, South Korea) will face off against Melinda Fabian (4-3-2, fighting out of Budapest, Hungary) in a women's flyweight showdown
· Filipino favourite Rolando DY (9-6-1, 1NC, fighting out of Paranaque City, Philippines) will be up against Shane 'Sugar' Young (11-4-0, fighting out of Auckland, New Zealand) in a featherweight clash
For the latest card information or current fight news, please visit UFC.com. Bouts are subject to change.
Follow us on Facebook (UFC Asia), Twitter and Instagram (@ufc), and use our official hashtag: #UFCSINGAPORE
Click here to view a list of other articles written by .
Recent PhilBoxing.com In-House articles:
PhilBoxing.com has been created to support every aspiring
Filipino boxer and the Philippine boxing scene in general.
Please send comments to email@example.com